Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lazy Rocket (Flappy Bird Clone+)

Magdreamer

**Lazy Rocket**

I just spent a few days making this game, it's a flappy bird clone, with some added customization features.

If you want to support me, just download it and try it out! iOS version is on it's way. Takes awhile to get it approved.

![](http://i.imgur.com/DjB1QQvl.png)![](http://i.imgur.com/yEvTPNjl.png)
![](http://i.imgur.com/wL55deCl.png)![](http://i.imgur.com/E2ahdA8l.png)

**Android**
[https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=couc…](https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=couchknight.lazyrocket&hl=en)

**iOS**

Coming soon…

> Way to make a better game than the original Rory, excellent. I don't know why them other guys not supporting because it's a clone, EVERY frickin game on eclipse is like a clone.

Exactly. People on IndieHub are worse. They act like clones are a sin. As long as  you don't copy and paste a game, make improvements, and innovate on game design it is no longer a clone. It is just very similar to the other game. The problem though is that people categorize games differently than other items. For example, if I make a controller that looks like another controller or functions pretty much the same way (clone of Wii remotes vs. Playstation Motion/Xbox Kinect), no one really flames, but if I make a game similar everyone flames. I just wish humans weren't so biased and inconsistent.

> Hmm.. i haven't try it yet but.. will this be more difficult than Flappy Bird?
>
> if so… then i won't bother downloading it :D

It is about the same. The next version will be a big improvement though.

* Earn money to use in a shop to customize your character/map (next version).
* 2x money bonus at end of each round if you view a big ad (does not require each time you use just once).

I have been trying to convince Rory to add money you collect on the trail as well, but he doesn't think it is a good idea.

You guys were inspired by those 50k / day that guy made with Flappy. ;) (get more money by viewing ads)

Actually how hard you try to convince that this is more than a clone it makes it even more lame.

Argue how much you want, but I lost the respect I had for you guys, not like it matters, but it's enough.

> Argue how much you want, but I lost the respect I had for you guys, not like it matters, but it's enough.

No, it is being updated this is just the first version. It's a trend, you can get inspired to make a game not just for money but an ability to get your foot into the door of the game development industry.

I get inspired to make new innovations to existing concepts people think don't work anymore or just die out like people think Flappy Bird will. For example, people think Final Fantasy is a dead genre (JRPGs), but I believe nothing truly dies it just needs a new awakening in its appearance to the marketplace.

Major Update 1 Changes
-------------
? Second shop opened! Buy & unlock unique trail designs.
? Improved Collision Detection
? Improved in-game graphics. Removed perspective.
? Bug fixes.
? Optimizations for older devices!

We're still looking into a better exporter for Construct 2 to be more efficient with older devices. There's also plans of expanding on the gameplay mechanics.

> Major Update 1 Changes
>
> -------------
>
> ? Still a clone
>
> ? What? Oh cool. Still a clone
>
> ? Clone
>
> ? Clone Clone
>
> ? Now play my clone on your NES!
>
> It's a clone, we clone, unclone, clone this, that, clone your mum, clone her paps, clone clone clone.

This thread was brought to my attention specifically so I have cleaned it some…

Obviously there is a market for a similar game to Flappy Bird especially since the original is now gone so clone or not, this could potentially be really smart.

A lot of clones have appeared but honestly this one looks better than everything that I have seen. Whether you approve or not is irrelevant, make suggestions or constructive criticism if you want but refrain from tearing the project apart because it is similar to a successful game.

P.S. If it is easier than the original I will personally be disappointed.

> **It is about the same. (difficulty) The next version will be a big improvement though.**
>
> * Earn money to use in a shop to customize your character/map (next version).
> * 2x money bonus at end of each round if you view a big ad (does not require each time you use just once).
>
> I have been trying to convince Rory to add money you collect on the trail as well, but he doesn't think it is a good idea.

Looks pretty good, but I'm going to stop **that** train right there.  Yes, games that innovate from the derivatives are definitely worthy of not being deemed a straight clone… but you have not innovated.  We can customize our rocket?  Great.  That's awesome, but not innovative.  We can change the obstacles we're flying around?  Cool, not innovative.  We can earn in game currency and buy things?  Awesome!.. not innovative.  This is pretty good for a clone, most definitely!  But it's still not much more than that just yet.  The graphics are **most definitely** an improvement, _but that's about it._

As for being the best Flappy Bird clone?  Naw man, Maverick Bird deserves that title.  That one's got somethin' special, and it's got purty sounds!

We just released Lazy Rocket on [iTunes](https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/lazy-rocket/id821718624?mt=8).

> As for being the best Flappy Bird clone?  Naw man, Maverick Bird deserves that title.  That one's got somethin' special, and it's got purty sounds!

Thanks for the criticism, but it wasn't meant to be ground breaking innovation. Rory doesn't want to really focus much on the game, but I wanted to add obtainable currency and powerups to change the game more and make it a little less of a clone.

Hey I just tried it out on iOS, I like it!

The only two criticisms I have are:

- I feel like it should be faster, I know you're going for a flappy bird clone but your main character is a rocket not a bird

- The sound asset you hear when tapping is kind of annoying.. It should be a rocket sound not a menu sound!

Keep up the good work.

I'm rather amused by how the term innovation is being brought up as though a game can't be successful OR fun without it. I'd say put it out there guys and see where it goes. The same people who whine about a game not being original, are often the same people who play WoW (a clone of Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot) and think it's something unique and special.

Since when did game development become "if it's not entirely original it sucks"? I could list about a thousand games right now that borrowed ideas from other games. Like ANY media industry (movie, music, games, books etc) the concept of borrowing ideas from past successes is not only common, but nearly pivotal.

Great idea!