Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@Harris:

> Cool, well with all the awesome work you've done, something like that should be easy.

It's a bitch to do procedurally, believe me.

Anyway, finished up paperdolling.

![](http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5317/paperdoll.png)

It's amazingly good compared to anyone else's code. :P

Here's all it is.

```
Public Sub BltPaperdoll(ByVal x2 As Long, ByVal y2 As Long, ByVal Sprite As Long, ByVal anim As Long, ByVal spriteleft As Long)
    Dim rec As DxVBLib.RECT
    Dim X As Long, Y As Long
    Dim width As Long, height As Long

If Sprite < 1 Or Sprite > NumPaperdolls Then Exit Sub

If DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite) Is Nothing Then
        Call InitDDSurf("Paperdolls\" & Sprite, DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite), DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite))
    End If

With rec
        .Top = 0
        .Bottom = DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite).lHeight
        .Left = (spriteleft * 3 + anim) * (DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite).lWidth / 12)
        .Right = .Left + (DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite).lWidth / 12)
    End With

Call Engine_BltFast(X, Y, DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite), rec, DDBLTFAST_WAIT Or DDBLTFAST_SRCCOLORKEY)
End Sub
```
And here's me rendering 4 layers:

```
' check for paperdolling
    For i = 1 To Equipment.Equipment_Count - 1
        If GetPlayerEquipment(Index, i) > 0 Then
            If Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, i)).Paperdoll > 0 Then
                Call BltPaperdoll(X, Y, Item(GetPlayerEquipment(Index, i)).Paperdoll, anim, spriteleft)
            End If
        End If
    Next

```
Enumeration at it's best, ladies and gentlemen.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> wow. any chance of giving a tut of how to add the paperdoll and not redownload the whole engine?

Those pieces of code are all you need, pretty much.

Simply copy and paste all of the loading/unloading code for one of the graphic types (tilesets, animations or something) and rename it to 'paperdoll' then create a few packets to send a player's equipment to everyone on the map.

I'd take about 5 minutes to rip it from the next version I release.

@Urimas:

> has paperdoll been added to the 1.0.2 version or not?
>
> also do you plan on a ammo system?  (bows/crossbows/guns)

No. It has been added to 1.0.3 and will be in the next release. I will add ranged weapons when I think if a decent way of doing them.

@Robin:

> I will add ranged weapons when I think if a decent way of doing them.

What about something like showing animations over the tiles from the player in any direction until hit something (or until it get a limit range). The animations should loop only once and would end itself fading out. Hmm, it's just an idea and I know that the fading out can't be done without transparency or alpha channels :/

@Robin:

> No. That'd mean developing two engines at the same time which would mean twice as much work.

Not what I meant x)

As in your update the one without the quest system and add a quest system on the one you put up for download, you work on the project without the quest system. See what I mean? Its just a suggestion of course you don't have to ^^

@Tompwnage:

> Not what I ment x)
>
> As in your update the one without the quest sytem and add a quest system on the one you put up for download, you work on the project without the quest system. See what I mean? Its just a segestion ofcourse you don't have to ^^

Thats makes no sense at all…. If he makes a quest system why would he keep working on an engine without the quest system???
:huh:

Lol…. Lets say he doesn't want a quest system in the main release of it but would like to make option for people to have one if they want it. So the suggestion states simply that he should create a quest system for the game.

Ok look.. He made a quest system correct. Once hes done that he continues working on EO till the next release. So instead of merging the quest system with the main download of EO he makes a copy of EO and adds the quest system. So simply he makes two downloads. One EO with no quest system, and another with the quest system.

Lets say he wants to update EO without a quest system, simply he continues working on EO with the EO With no quest system in it. And when it comes time again to release another EO. He makes two copys and adds the quest system to one and the other non.

So on and so forth

This way he won't have to update both at the same time he just adds it in on the  Versions he makes.  ;)

So in this way people have a option to get a quest system or not. Simple.

Sorry for the long explanation  XD

Its just a plain suggestion anyways.

Regards :azn:

When I do quest (Which I will do) I want to do them properly.

That means having some centralised systems for logs, item rewards etc. then have several flag altering systems in different triggers.

For example, you'd have a question with 10 different states. These states are run through by having the player trigger flags. These flags would be triggered by, for example, having it in the NPC editor that if a player has quest 3's flag 4 triggered then OnDeath the NPC will trigger the player's 5th flag in that quest.

Big thanks to Simon for giving me the idea to split up the X & Y co-ordinates of tiles rather than have that horrible calculation we've had since 2001\. :P

As an extension of this, I finally got around to adding in multiple tilesets as well!

Here's an example map I created.

![](http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/4272/mapis.png)

I used these two tilesets.

![](http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1733/92917191.png) ![](http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/6827/55250983.png)

The new way of rendering maps is a sizable FPS increase.

Keep in mind that when using multiple tilesets you want to keep them as small as possible. Tilesets are only loaded if you're using them, so the smaller they are, the less baggage you load with the few tiles you want from the set.

Sounds great robin. I was starting to realize how long it was taking to move the tiles I needed into 1 sheet for about each map.

Btw, i like the plans for the Quest system. Sounds like it will cover alot of the areas scripting didn't cover.  :azn:

-Irhymer

Bug Report: You can only set warp X-Ys to a maximum of the current map you are on.

Not great for switching from a small map to a large one, without having to change the current map X-Y, so you can make the warp, then switching back the current map X-Y-.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> oh ok cool. so I dont have too keep making tilesets for different areas now?
> I can leave all the small sets alone from Inquisitor and just pull what I need?

Yes.

@Azkanan:

> Bug Report: You can only set warp X-Ys to a maximum of the current map you are on.
>
> Not great for switching from a small map to a large one, without having to change the current map X-Y, so you can make the warp, then switching back the current map X-Y-.

Fixed.