Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

MaleSprite: 1,4,6,23,101
FemaleSprite: 2

These numbers are the character sprite numbers. In this example a male player will have a choice between choosing sprite number 1 or 4 or 6 or 23 or 101\. Female characters will only be able to use sprite number 2.

If you want multiple sprites per class & per sex, you just split them with a comma.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm experiencing a really odd bug Robin.

It seems that all users below the highest indexed player get epic lag* when receiving packets (but not sending).

Although, this was tested over Hamachi. Not sure if it will work locally.

It still lags over the local network, not sure about on the same computer though.

Epic lag: ~11 second lag.

v1.0.3 is out!

**Download:**
[Origins v1.0.3.zip](http://eclipse.aftermathzone.com/origins_1.0.3.zip)

**Changes:**
================================
Eclipse Origins v1.0.2 -> v1.0.3
================================

- Fixed problem which caused 'aero' theme on vista + 7 to switch to basic.
- Not having .bmp files will no longer crash the game.
- Added Paperdoll.
- Re-wrote the map UDT to have split X & Y values and multiple tilesets per map.
- Having split X & Y values unlocks the ability for me to have dynamic tilesets.
- Added multiple tile selection.
- Stopped the map editor scrollbar max values from being set to the current map size.
- Fixed it so the map editor scrollbar max values are set to MAX_BYTE.
- Removed the timed unloading of tilesets and the load checks in blting subs.
- Changed it so tilesets are loaded/unloaded accordingly when you change map.
- Fixed a bug with healing spells.
- Fixed ordering issues with stats.
- Added music & sound engine thanks to Harold.
- Fixed scrollbars to update properly when dragged around (In the map & anim editors)
- Fixed it so resources only respawn when they've been harvested.
- Added options menu for players to turn on/off music & sound.
- Added class starter equipment.
- Added main menu music.
- Map music now plays.

Alright, found a rather interesting bug.

So, I was editing the second map; when I realised its size was different to the first, thus changed it to 20x20 while in the middle of editing. When I saved the new properties, it distorted the map I was on, showing what looked to be the very first map I made, except, tile positions were screwed up. I moved off the map, and when prompted, discarded all changes. Then upon walking back onto the map, it was still screwed. So I opened the map editor and cleared all layers, and filled the ground with a new sand tile. I saved the map, and realised about 10 random npcs spawned, except they didnt move or such, so I imagine it was just the graphics. I was also unable to move. I opened the map editor back up, went to properties to check if they were npcs, and it crashed, giving me an RTE 10 followed by an RTE 6\.

I tried to log in again after putting the server back online, and it crashed straight off the bat. Ballie was on the server with me, and couldn't see what I could see. The npc sprites I could see were the same as his graphic, he had chosen; which was female warrior (standard). He then went to a map he was working on, (map 3), and upon walking onto it, it also crashed, generating the same RTEs, and crashing the server.

Unfortunately I don't have screenshots, but hopefully I gave you enough information.

I walked onto YOUR map, Beau. Map 3 was yours, and that was the one that asploded the server as soon as anyone walked on it.

To add to Beau's report, he sent me the map, which I loaded in my own server, from VB6\. The client threw RTE 6, overflow, in the HandleMapNpcData upon reading in the NPC's number. The server threw RTE 9 because apparently there was an NPC set to 1537, which was well above the maximum NPC number. These two would seem to match up, showing that an erratic NPC number screwed our map somehow.

As to how this happened, it's pretty unknown. I have tried to replicate the bug, to no avail. Might just call this a freak accident, because it's random as hell.

@Wraith:

> Just a suggestion for a future feature, could you implement an undo button? I'm not doubting you could or not, I'm just throwing it out there that'd it'd be kind of nice to have.  :cheesy:

Well, to have an Undo button, that means that the client has to store data about the last event(s) that happened. While not impossible, the client already runs on temporary files for editing purposes. You'd have to have temporary versions of temporary versions of files to implement something like that.