Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you want limited responses in this topic, but i have 1 small question that doesn't make sense to waist a whole topic on.

I just wanted to know if you will be adding built-in paperdoll to EO? Because thats the difference between me using this engine or not. I would hate to loose this amazing engine just for that, but if not, its back to ES.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> actually if you skip a number it should load #1… well with sprites it does anyway. that why my #1 sprite has a fail on top to let me know.

The code which counts how many sprites are there is a while loop.

```
While FileExist(GFX_PATH & "characters\" & i & GFX_EXT)
        NumCharacters = NumCharacters + 1
        i = i + 1
Wend

```
If 'n.bmp' doesn't exist then the previous one counted is set as the max sprite count.

So if you have 19.bmp then 21.bmp, it'll see there isn't a 20.bmp and set 19 as the maximum sprite number.

I haven't made them yet. Not for EO, anyway. I've released dozens of systems over the last few years though.

Once it gets to the point where I've got a milestone release and can release updates as tutorials, then I'll start writing up tutorials for optional stuff. I'll also be releasing a series of video tutorials on the general use of Origins and it's features.

Seriously guys, be patient.

It's not like the engine will improve or even get more developed if you keep coming with negative critics.

I believe Robin won't delete features that he's already added, and I also believe there is a time for everything, so just wait and sthu. :D

Cheers.

The resource system is something a lot of people want and like so taking it out would be kindda pointless, and its already coded and everything, if you don't like a feature in Origins, just don't use that feature in your game….

Added paperdolling.

Simply select which paperdoll image you want in the item editor…

![](http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5317/paperdoll.png)

…and it'll render it over your character when you have it equipped.

![](http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6119/paperdoll2.png)

It's dynamically sized of course, so make sure to limit it so people can only equip items which are the same size as their sprite.

That's as far as I've got with it so far. Gonna make some food then make it so you can edit the rendering order and have it so everything is pre-rendered on a single surface for each player, cutting down the rendering time by about 4/5ths.

@IceCream:

> Haha I've actually asked Robin this on multiple occasions. I believe he told me to duck myself.. But who knows.

Autotiles have been planned for an age. I just need to sort out how to do them in my head. ;o

It'd probably be creating a new layer between ground & mask which is purely autotiled.