Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but it will need a different rendering order for each direction.
Like, if you draw your weapon behind you it'll only work for when you're facing backwards.

And we can't trim the graphics for the paperdoll down to fit the sprite, because it won't fit all the sprite/equipment combinations.

@Tylian!:

> Yeah, but it will need a different rendering order for each direction.
> Like, if you draw your weapon behind you it'll only work for when you're facing backwards.
>
> And we can't trim the graphics for the paperdoll down to fit the sprite, because it won't fit all the sprite/equipment combinations.

Then create a rendering order. It's open source for a reason. xD

@Zetta:

> @Robin:
>
> > Then create a rendering order. It's open source for a reason. xD
>
> the reason being that all he has to do is the minimum

Yeah I know, I've always hated paperdoll because you need an ugly chunk of code for such a simple yet needed feature and was hoping robin could think of a workaround.

I am sure that if someone made a fix of feature simple yet awesome enough, and very well needed for any project, Robin would add it with credit. But I have yet too see such a suggestion. Robin has everything covered so far…

Except Lighting. Any plans there Robin?
I have a feeling you might be looking into alpha blending or something before tackling a lone feature such as lighting.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> I am sure that if someone made a fix of feature simple yet awesome enough, and very well needed for any project, Robin would add it with credit.

Only if Fabio or Jake programmed it. No offence, but I trust Eclipse's programming skills about as far as I can throw the internet.

@Shadowwulfâ„¢:

> Except Lighting. Any plans there Robin?

It's DD7\. So no.

@Tylian!:

> If you do paperdoll that way, some items will render incorrectly.
>
> If you're facing backwards, it'll draw the weapon infront of your armour for example.
>
> =D

I had huge items like that labeled as two-handed. then had the weapon blt on up and down and had them contained in an if statement. Case up if twohanded then blt first, case down if twohanded then blt last. or something like that.

I can't wait for the new release robin ^___^

No. It allows you to choose from multiple sprites when you make your character. So if you leave it with just 1 then it will be the same sprite. Now if you have 2,3\. You can press the arrows when choosing that class to pick between the 2 sprites.

It just adds more variety in an easier way then EE's custom feature, IMO.