• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@Robin:

> @Shadowwulfâ„¢:
>
> > oh ok cool. so I dont have too keep making tilesets for different areas now?
> > I can leave all the small sets alone from Inquisitor and just pull what I need?
>
> Yes.
>
> @Azkanan:
>
> > Bug Report: You can only set warp X-Ys to a maximum of the current map you are on.
> >
> > Not great for switching from a small map to a large one, without having to change the current map X-Y, so you can make the warp, then switching back the current map X-Y-.
>
> Fixed.

Huzzah. When can we grab the new version? :B

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Smallbro:

> If I start using this version will the next version accept my maps?

Maybe, maybe not. I'll eventually be creating a layer for directional blocking and a layer for autotiles, so those versions will be incompatible with this one.

Once I get a milestone release, I'll release a converter, in the mean time there's no point.

The map editor is the only editor left which hasn't had a re-make.

I'll be planning it out later on so that the entire map editor is self contained, with a much easier to use interface and plenty of new features. I'll post updates when I start working on it.

@IceCream:

> Looks tasty!
>
> I can't wait to see the directional blocking, and auto tiles.
>
> Do you plan on adding anything to help improve mapping of dynamic maps. ex. Zoom out feature.
>
> Also. Possibly add the Random Tile feature that is in MR.

I don't mind the fixed zoom, but, it drives me crazy that you can't take a screenshot of the entire map, in any Eclipses.

@Azkanan:

> @IceCream:
>
> > Looks tasty!
> >
> > I can't wait to see the directional blocking, and auto tiles.
> >
> > Do you plan on adding anything to help improve mapping of dynamic maps. ex. Zoom out feature.
> >
> > Also. Possibly add the Random Tile feature that is in MR.
>
> I don't mind the fixed zoom, but, it drives me crazy that you can't take a screenshot of the entire map, in any Eclipses.

ah, yes that would be nice to be able to screen shot entire dynamic maps.

Any way you can add to the Resource system so that your success rate can be more random? Right now you set it as like every 5 u get wood or something, anyways to make it so like between 2-8 chops you have a chance so its not always the same number for the tree or w/e resource you are making.

@Ertzel:

> Any way you can add to the Resource system so that your success rate can be more random? Right now you set it as like every 5 u get wood or something, anyways to make it so like between 2-8 chops you have a chance so its not always the same number for the tree or w/e resource you are making.

Or you could do it yourself. It seems a fairly simple edit.

yes. in fact with him just putting something so simple a system, it opens everyone up to develop their own system. You can actually a have resource skills and have their level checked versus the resource and that would determine a % chance of success.

I am liking a lot of things about this source Robin, not just the speed of it but the layout of things.  I especially like the resource system.  One thing I did do for you very quickly is modified your ShopEditor to support item fusing.  You should take a look at the tutorial and hopefully your be interested in throwing it into the source.  Anyhow I'll keep playing with it and see where this project goes.

[EDIT 10-07-10]

I found a small bug with the item editor.  I have posted a fix for it.  I'll post a link to the Shop Feature tutorial as well as the bug fix for anyone intersted.

Item Editor Fix: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,60099.0.html

Shop Feature:  http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,60070.msg635178.html#msg635178

@Atrophy:

> link=topic=57637.msg636043#msg636043 date=1273409471]
> Please create items into single files, and allow item animations, and a timer for them.. So I can have my food rot over time.

They are in single files, and there are item animations. >_>

@Robin:

> @Atrophy:
>
> > link=topic=57637.msg636043#msg636043 date=1273409471]
> > Please create items into single files, and allow item animations, and a timer for them.. So I can have my food rot over time.
>
> They are in single files, and there are item animations. >_>

*goes to delete post* FUCK! Really? Thought you didn't add that.. I should probably test this newer version out lol.

@Atrophy:

> link=topic=57637.msg636051#msg636051 date=1273411372]
> *goes to delete post* duck! Really? Thought you didn't add that.. I should probably test this newer version out lol.

Animated items have been in since the beginning.

@Robin:

> @Atrophy:
>
> > link=topic=57637.msg636051#msg636051 date=1273411372]
> > *goes to delete post* duck! Really? Thought you didn't add that.. I should probably test this newer version out lol.
>
> Animated items have been in since the beginning.

oh.. really.. Hrm.. Should probably mess around this engine a bit more lol.

You can find a thread for all my Eclipse Origins tutorials here:
[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,60241.msg636715.html#msg636715](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,60241.msg636715.html#msg636715)

Also, v1.0.3 is nearing release!