• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WN

Robin

@Robin:

> @Slowpoke:
>
> > Well then you've really made it look amazing.
>
> Thanks, but my mapping is mediocre at best compared to some of the oldies from the RPG Maker scene. It's good by Eclipse standards, but not by normal standards.

Haha, you must haven't seen my mapping yet ;D

@Robin:

> Made a sewer lolol.
>
> ![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/sewersv2.png)

Looking good, still asking myself why you're using RMXP?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided I should probably start mapping the ingame areas rather than just experimenting with tilesets. xD

Here's a quick design of how you'll start off in the game. The idea behind it is that you're a member of the military of one of the large global powers. You've been sent off to provide combat support to a small town. Yes, I realise it's the most generic ORPG starting area you can get, but I'm going to put in a bit of a twist. ;D

You'll also be treated to some nice cutscenes which, when coupled with the npc chat system, make a nice atmosphere.

![](http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/Kite_Minase/starterarea.png)

@GuzmanM:

> Looking good, still asking myself why you're using RMXP?

Simply because these tilesets are by far the most complete tilesets around. (oh and I forgot to mention that they are done by professionals…)

@Tyr:

> @GuzmanM:
>
> > Looking good, still asking myself why you're using RMXP?
>
> Simply because these tilesets are by far the most complete tilesets around. (oh and I forgot to mention that they are done by professionals…)

yeah, professionals who knew nothing of color conservation and art theory. they are shameful at best. the only good thing to them is the line-art.

I agree. I am more curious to how the graphics for the cut scenes will be. Will it be a pre-recorded video of someone playing the game or is someone making them with their own art work? Either way I'm sure it will turn out amazing. Keep up the good work Robin. I'm really looking forward to playing WN.

@LOL:

> yeah, professionals who knew nothing of color conservation and art theory. they are shameful at best. the only good thing to them is the line-art.

I would like some details on that, if you have some time?

@Zetasis:

> I agree. I am more curious to how the graphics for the cut scenes will be. Will it be a pre-recorded video of someone playing the game or is someone making them with their own art work? Either way I'm sure it will turn out amazing. Keep up the good work Robin. I'm really looking forward to playing WN.

Cutscenes aren't necessarily FMVs. Cutscenes in the game will be simply scenes played out in the actual game but removing direct control of events from the player and allowing the developer to pre-set events, such as NPCs, camera, animations and the like.

@Robin:

Either way man I am very impressed. I have a good feeling WN is going to be the game that represents the Eclipse(more specifically Origins) community. WN is truly going to raise the bar for those like me trying to make a good game.

@Kinjiru:

> I cant wait to see that, would these be something you might add an editor for in orgins?

Stop asking that about everything I post. If I am, I'll let you know in the Origins thread.

Origins isn't related to WN at all.

Besides, something like this is obviously not required by everyone, and as such it'd probably be released as a tutorial if I did release it.

• 11 months later...