Find results in...

[EO 1.2]Differently Sized PicScreen

Terraun

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Xlithan:

> Isn't pic_x and pic_y related to tile sizes? Not the picScreen size?

Ugh! I meant Map_x and map_y, not Pic. Sorry.

Messed around with it more today and STILL can't get the screen to look as big as Crystalshire. That is a nice screen size and perfect for my game idea. However, until I can set the proper screen size I don't want to start creating the maps. Oh well….

I did this once and it worked like a charm.  Did it again to change the screen size and everything got screwed up.  My width and height are 480 and 384 respectively, my MAX_MAPX and MAX_MAPY are 14 and 11 on both client and server, I deleted my maps, and it still gives me the really buggy movement with the weirdly resized screen.

@Draconix:

> I did this once and it worked like a charm.  Did it again to change the screen size and everything got screwed up.  My width and height are 480 and 384 respectively, my MAX_MAPX and MAX_MAPY are 14 and 11 on both client and server, I deleted my maps, and it still gives me the really buggy movement with the weirdly resized screen.

14 on max_mapy and 11 on max_mapx.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I get a weird glitch O.o

When i change the size to a larger one, it makes it so the mouse is off centered .D.

like when the mouse is to the right of my player, it shows the target thing but when the mouse is directly on the player, it don't show D:

help is appreciated :3

• 4 weeks later...
Any ideas?

Trying to set resolution to 1024x768\.
MAP_X=31
MAP_Y=23

It also changes my computer's colour scheme.. Which is weird.
Is this just a case of moving the GUI around?

Thanks.

PS. I have deleted my maps and changed constants on client and server side.

The window itself, should be made bigger in The project it is reffered to as: frmMain, you just click it and move the blue boxes around, make the picscreen fit inside the frmMain, also: you have to move the gui around, just drag your inventory, spells etc. nect to your picscreen, make sure EVERYTHING fits inside the frmMain

EDIT: thats was your question right?

i see you're using Altairs quest client :P same here bro! i didn't feel like putting in that HUGE change to the client

@quintensky:

> The window itself, should be made bigger in The project it is reffered to as: frmMain, you just click it and move the blue boxes around, make the picscreen fit inside the frmMain, also: you have to move the gui around, just drag your inventory, spells etc. nect to your picscreen, make sure EVERYTHING fits inside the frmMain
>
> EDIT: thats was your question right?
>
> i see you're using Altairs quest client :P same here bro! i didn't feel like putting in that HUGE change to the client

I've gotta go, but I'll have another go later.
And yeah, I'm starting from a fresh copy, and thought it might just be easier to use the pre-built quest system. I've yet to customize anything at all, so that iconic lil' white box for the quests is still there. :p

• 1 month later...
Okay I followed this tutorial to the T! I got a copy of vb6 and am really trying to do this full screen thing. Okay here is my values…

MainFrm PicScreen = 1280x800
1280 x 800
/32-1  /32-1
=39    =24

Client AND Server side both compiled with ModConstants set to
Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 39
Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 24

I got it to work with 800x640 but anything higher than that doesnt seam to work anymore...
Am I just doing it wrong? What can I do to at least get this size. Thanks.

Oh and when i move around in the map it still scrolls but only in that little window. Just saying. I tried increasing my map size and everything... btw this is JCS 2.8 graphicly version. dunno if that has anything to do with it either.
Idk if this has anything to do with whatever but my screen is 1440x900... just saying. This is really confusing stuff. =/ Please help.

![](http://i49.tinypic.com/2zxrszc.jpg)