Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Modification(S) 2.6 Nova

Richy420Rich

@Murdoc:

> Actually .wav is better than .mp3 format in terms of sound quality, because it's lossless. Mp3's and .ogg are smaller in size, but theyre not better sound quality per se.

Hm, must be something wrong with my files… I've never had good quality with .wav files. Always sounds like it's coming from a tin can for me.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JessicaLecroix:

> Hm, must be something wrong with my files… I've never had good quality with .wav files. Always sounds like it's coming from a tin can for me.

It depends on how they were compressed, whether low bitrate, or high.. etc.. In other words, you could have a wav file that sounds worse than some mp3 file, if its lower quality. The opposite can also be true, where an mp3 file sounds worse. But, you can still get better quality from wav format.

@Yami:

> Up to five..? You can just run a for x to y loop for multiple non-stackable item handouts. :)
>
> Neat updates though, it's getting along quite nicely.

Sometimes it helps to give an example of what you're talking about. :)

Yami is right, looping through would be a quicker and cleaner procedure.

Ah yes, my apologies.. I tend to write things a little quick, and to be fair I was more or less assuming people know how For - Next loops work.. As they're a daily routine for me.

Anyways, it'd be similar to:
```
Sub HandPlayerItems(Byval Index as Long, Byval ItemNum as Byte, Byval Amount as Long)
Dim n as Long

For n = 1 to Amount ' Looping through 1 to the maximum amount of items to hand out
    Call GiveInvItem(Index,ItemNum,1) ' Set the amount to one, as it's a non-stackable item, or at least that's what we're assuming with this sub.. :)
Next n ' Loops back to the first line in our For - Next loop, given that n does not equal the Amount variable.
End Sub
```
Note that that's written off the top of my head, I currently don't have access to VB6 to check if I did GiveInvItem right. :)

Well the x to y is 1 to 5 in this mod. It's easy to edit for more just by changing the UDT's and loops.. Gotta be careful though cause if a player has no inventory room, they won't be getting any more non-stackable items no matter how many one wishes to give. I've yet to fix that, requires rolling back in the code adding more checks and probably another UDT.

Lol now that's a sad way to be begging for a feature :P

EDIT: Lemme get back on topic by saying, my quest code is really a mess and probably could do better by creating a whole new sub like the one you so kindly showed me… So I will be editing a load of the bulk in a new sub just to have a cleaner quest module.

Heh just messing, I got a way to process the take/give item with a loop check before taking/giving. So that if the player don't have enough inventory room or don't have all the items to give, it'll exit the sub without wasted items on both ends. I have to further test it but I think it'll work.

Nay sorry but I'm not really advanced in this stuff to be trying to make things move lol. Closest thing I can think of doing would be a custom coded item that will trigger a spell animation across X or Y on a timer and run checks on if NPC was on X or Y. Though without pixel based animation, it'd be lame. And that's where I would be stuck.

EDIT: Both projects been updated. If you used older versions of Nova-ce, you'd have to delete all the quest. (sorry but had to make the multi-give and take work.)

> Good Job :)
>
> Edit:I puted ogg files but still dident work and sometimes aven the music that was in the music folder doesnt work.

Ya I see the problem with ogg's now lol. I'll have to look more into it, so I removed it and updated the download, since it doesn't work for me right now.

@Admir:

> After 2.4 release:
>
> ![](http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3355/95411081.png)
>
> it's happen on client.

I have no idea why the run time errors though. Unless you're missing a component like flash or the active movie files. Perhaps you can tell me when it happens, on load up? Or when you do something?

@Sekaru:

> Run as admin, make sure you got all the components installed, run in compatibility mode, etc.

So I've done all this and I'm still getting this error. I guess I'm the only one getting it so it must be on my end somewhere. I'm not sure. I'll try and re download again and see if something changes this time. Nice edit though, I just wish I could use it lol.

Edit: Yeah just re-downloaded and still the same error. Oh well, nice edit anyways man. Good job.

Just a scary, scary thought to dig into your mind:
Class-required quests, all of which are coming from the same NPC?

Just wondering if it's possible. Not asking you to pull a code out of nowhere. haha.

P.S: Might you be able to add a feature where pressing ctrl or enter also allows you to exit the dialogue window, so that users don't have to grab their mouse for half a moment, just to go right back to their keyboards to move? [That being said, perhaps a Y/N (A/D?) to go along with the accept/decline options, as well?]

P.P.S: Sorry, haha. I come up with new questions as I play with it, and I'm trying to keep from double posting. Um, I've removed everything that has to do with the flash, online players, skill log and quest log from the client. Is there anything that needs to be removed from the server so as not to cause an error?

@wojbikPL:

> Maybe bow&arrow system and more equipment slots like boots, gloves etc?
> If you want, I can help you with some of this.

Like I said in my previous post. I'm not advanced enough to do projectile systems. That kills the bow/arrow idea. As for equipment slots, I like the system Robin has in place actually, don't think I'll be messing with that aspect. If you can "help" me then I believe you could add the systems in yourself if you really want them bad enough.. I deal with lightweight crap, check my username. ;)

@ohnoitsbenjii:

> Just a scary, scary thought to dig into your mind:
> Class-required quests, all of which are coming from the same NPC?
>
> Just wondering if it's possible. Not asking you to pull a code out of nowhere. haha.
>
> P.S: Might you be able to add a feature where pressing ctrl or enter also allows you to exit the dialogue window, so that users don't have to grab their mouse for half a moment, just to go right back to their keyboards to move? [That being said, perhaps a Y/N (A/D?) to go along with the accept/decline options, as well?]

Yeah it's possible to add in Class Related Quest, I could look into that option. And the keyboard functions for the speechbox.. Great Idea, I'll look into that as well.

> P.P.S: Sorry, haha. I come up with new questions as I play with it, and I'm trying to keep from double posting. Um, I've removed everything that has to do with the flash, online players, skill log and quest log from the client. Is there anything that needs to be removed from the server so as not to cause an error?

Sorry but I've already touched up on this with my disclamer spoiler.

I will not be offering support to you wanting to disable these works. If you don't want/like these additions, remove them yourself. You may port these additions, but keep the comment credit in codes intact. You'd recognize them as; 'Modification(S)