Find results in...

Modification(S) 2.6 Nova

Richy420Rich

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ya'll.

I will be trying to make quest editor more flexible, like giving/taking multiple items and multiple quest within one quest, but it would require deleting any quest made on this current version unfortunately due to needing to make changes to the UDT system.. Already got a Who's Online list implemented, haven't started on guild system but will be looking into it as well. So I'll be starting on trying to get this quest editor hooked up now.

So for some reason when ever I try to save before compiling the client I get this error.

[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/49b4a5b5a2115a7c954edc1d32413c67.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#49b4a5b5a2115a7c954edc1d32413c67.png)

I'm not sure why I am getting it but it only happens with this mod. I really like this mod but I can't add anything without getting this error.

That sucks, I know my VB6 crashed recently and wouldn't let me compile cause it always crashed thereafter, I tried reinstalling but got errors during reinstallation, so I reformatted my pc. Maybe it's due to something in my VB install that causes something to fail. Not much I can really do about that right now. Maybe you could try porting all the work over in another engine source project. copy/paste the src folder in a clean install, then unload/reload the forms/modules.

@DishWasher:

> the only thing I hate in quest system is that "pictures" for each quest name ..
> I wont use that anyway XP
> its just a sugestion

Yeah, that system is horrible, for my game I've made it so you can typ in the Quest Description anywere, and that text shows up in place of an image.

This is really fantastic; especially for people who aren't proficient coders… Like me. However, there is one things I was wondering... Have you considered adding MP3 support for map music? There's a tutorial already, as I'm sure you know, and somebody's already mentioned that they were able to get it working with the base EO 2.0\. If it's not something you'd like to add, or is not compatible with something you've changed, that's fine, of course. It's up to you what features to have, not me.

I have to agree with Jessica. This is really awesome for those who aren't able to get a copy of VB6, or are..to lazy to get a copy, if you will. Its a real resource!

@[Jake:

> link=topic=69078.msg745565#msg745565 date=1298426662]
> Awesome edits man! Now if you added an option for attack animations I would use it over VBG for sure.  ;)
>
> -Jake

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but isn't there already an animation option in Item Editor that allows you to set different animation per weapon?

@JessicaLecroix:

> This is really fantastic; especially for people who aren't proficient coders… Like me. However, there is one things I was wondering... Have you considered adding MP3 support for map music? There's a tutorial already, as I'm sure you know, and somebody's already mentioned that they were able to get it working with the base EO 2.0\. If it's not something you'd like to add, or is not compatible with something you've changed, that's fine, of course. It's up to you what features to have, not me.

I might look into it.. If the person who created the tutorial will let me release it with their credit intact then it's very possible to include it in next update.

@DishWasher:

> the only thing I hate in quest system is that "pictures" for each quest name ..
> I wont use that anyway XP
> its just a sugestion

Understood, though I wanted to make it an option that could allow the work of both ways. I prefer the text way myself, but others may want to make it more fancy on the graphical side. I will look into pushing the option better..

@n00b:

> Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but isn't there already an animation option in Item Editor that allows you to set different animation per weapon?

Oh, no. I was referring to extra frames added to the sprite sheets so that when you attack your not just walking on people you know. But I was just messing around, its up to you.  ;)

-Jake

@JessicaLecroix:

> This is really fantastic; especially for people who aren't proficient coders… Like me. However, there is one things I was wondering... Have you considered adding MP3 support for map music? There's a tutorial already, as I'm sure you know, and somebody's already mentioned that they were able to get it working with the base EO 2.0\. If it's not something you'd like to add, or is not compatible with something you've changed, that's fine, of course. It's up to you what features to have, not me.

You'll have to pay for MP3 license, that's the reason why Robin didn't put it.
I strongly suggest you stick with the midi and wav.

Sincerely,
Rithy

@JessicaLecroix:

> Wow, that'd be great! I don't mind the difference, I'd just prefer something with a little better sound quality than .wav and .midi files. Thanks you very much.

Actually .wav is better than .mp3 format in terms of sound quality, because it's lossless. Mp3's and .ogg are smaller in size, but theyre not better sound quality per se.