Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Modification(S) 2.6 Nova

Richy420Rich

.. I figured it out before you posted the picture. The picture box has a GUI and I thought you were talking about that, you really shouldn't feel so clever.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I meant that I would've said it was the image that was off, not the picturebox. ;) Anyways, while we're on the issue of interface oddities.. Mousing over the game screen's buttons displaces them by ~1-2 pixels down/left.. Haven't quite found where it does this but I will.. As soon as I actually bother looking for it. :P More interested in why the hotbar malfunctions.

Hotbar works fine for me sometimes.. Might need to put F lock on perhaps? The buttons have something to do with the hover rendering code, they only 'double up' when hovering.

I figured as much with the buttons, but I don't see how changing the image changes the thing's location, that just doesn't make any sense at all. All image dimensions are the same, and it never triggers a movement command/variable change at all.. Aside from the obvious button states.

Anyways, as for the hotbar.. Makes no sense either. Switching it to use different buttons doesn't make it works either.. So it's not the function keys messing up.

@Richy:

> I'll fix it for next release. Robin, you may delete this topic, since all post are gonna say RE: EO Modification(S).. I will create a new with a new update not using the EO label in topic subject, but will say in my post that it's based off EO.

That's not a problem. Just had a few people asking me for help with EO 2.1 and I had no idea what they were talking about. xD

Not quite sure, but it seems as if all spells are broken now using my second class, or simply any spell that uses a range above 1.. Along with the fact using them from the skillbook doesn't work anymore either, and I haven't even changed anything with this, using a clean EO install.. Tested with some damaging spells, while Robin's default spell appears to function fine, until you rename it and create your own.

Quite mindboggling, how something that functioned fine this morning broke down after changing nothing.

Weird, I have no clue bout all that hard stuff lol. I shouldn't even be worthy enough to release what I did, cause I know I'm not good enough yet to bring something very epic out. I'm just bored, but also too damn lazy to be typing code then coming here and typing tutorials all day long.

As a little hint, instead of forcing your players to type /questlog you can make an item like a book, or a journal that opens it with the 'scripted' item feature added to this version. ^^

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/77224f02e738846502d894c490320740.png)

It's what I did anyways, lazymode ftw :D

@adif1:

> please create tut wat to create new quest please man

Nice avatar .. quote, "For Quest; Simply follow the quest examples in Server Source modQuest. The Case Numbers represents NPC Numbers."

First, you'll need a copy of Visual Basic 6 to edit the source, if you dont already have one. Secondly, look for Case 1 under modQuest (in Server.vbp) and it will give you a clear example of how to set it up. Just copy and paste into other Case #'s and edit as you like. It is done entirely in source. The Case #'s will determine which NPC number it is.

Looking really good mate! Keep up the good work as you have added some nice MODs to Origins :)

Ive downloaded both version to test them out for ya, but only had time to check "Nova-ce". I can only find 2 issues so far which im not sure if they have been reported to ya, but here they are in anyways:

1\. When a quest is ticked for "Can Restard Quest?" it alows you to repeat quest but will not give you any Exp or Reward for doing so (not sure if you wnated it this way?)

2\. In the Quest Log, the quest "Randomness" when clicked states: "There's no quest information for this quest yet"

Hope this helps and will dig through both version later on when get in from work :P

Really good edit though mate :)

1\. Did you tick the boxes Give Item Reward and Give Exp Reward? Either or should work, I tested it and it worked fine for me..
2\. I know, I haven't put in no GUI for that one because I was lazy lol I'll get it in the next release.

But also remember every change you make, you gotta click Create A Quest to save it.. I should have renamed the command as Save Quest.. I'll fix that in the next release as well.

Thanks for the feedback and input.

@n00b:

> 1\. Did you tick the boxes Give Item Reward and Give Exp Reward? Either or should work, I tested it and it worked fine for me..
> 2\. I know, I haven't put in no GUI for that one because I was lazy lol I'll get it in the next release.
>
> But also remember every change you make, you gotta click Create A Quest to save it.. I should have renamed the command as Save Quest.. I'll fix that in the next release as well.
>
> Thanks for the feedback and input.

Yea I did have boxes ticked for "Give Item Reward and Give Exp Reward" aswell as "Can Restard Quest"…

But Ive just tried with a fesh downloaded copy to try and replicate bug and cant :P So it must of just been me messing around somewhere lol sorry

So at the moment is the quest log looking at the hardcode and not from what the quest editor writes? (Haven't opened source up yet, was just messing with compile)

If I find any more issues ill double check in future :D

Thanks mate and again good work

The quest log will read what the quest editor saves.. It uses UDT to define every part of that editor data.

> 2\. In the Quest Log, the quest "Randomness" when clicked states: "There's no quest information for this quest yet"

Cause Randomness is not in the custom coded quest log. ;)

EDIT: Just to say no problem with the tick boxes. They should work as long as people click Create A Quest after any and all changes they wish to save. And to say thanks to DishWasher lol.

Good job noob… (trying to remember your orginal name lol)  I'll check out the quest system. Maybe put it into my edit eventually. 2.0 has put me in a bad situation for my edits. I actually have to sit there and re-code everything since i jsut copied and past things to 2.0 of EO.... Have fun on your quest to edit this engine lol