Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would the community support a C implementation?

Admiral Refuge

@Admiral:

> Why would Java be better?  And please don't say "because it runs in a browser."

Because it is converted to bytecode and interpreted by an interpreter written by someone else and then run virtually in a VM in the operating system so that it can be cross-platform, slow, and require minimal effort by the programmer to get it to be cross-platform. I think that sums it up.

Edit: I forgot the crappy Memory Allocation that you cannot control.

I support this Admiral America, sounds like a good idea. (Only if you do it in C though, not some crappy high-level programming language like I did mine in.)

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a great idea considering C is cross platform like you said, Also i could help out with some of the programming anytime i have nothing better to do. I did already start an engine in Obj-C but if your gonna do this its not worth it, It would be better to do it in C.

I honestly prefer Java and not just because I'm a Java programmer.

However, this is not a bad idea, depend on what it can offer. If it is easy to understand the code and easy to use for non-programmer or need very little programming knowledge to use, I think it'd be great.

And I see where you're going with the C and not the C++ or Java. So yeah, this might be great but I have a feeling, we're gonna have to wait a couple of years before we'll even have the Alpha.

Sincerely,
Rithy

PS: So what happen to the Java Eclipse aka Solar Eclipse?

@Rithy58:

> And I see where you're going with the C and not the C++ or Java. So yeah, this might be great but I have a feeling, we're gonna have to wait a couple of years before we'll even have the Alpha.

I'm assuming it'll be Stephan and/or Anthony doing most of the work on this and I'm pretty sure either of them could get the engine core out in no time.

@MrMiguu:

> [trollface.jpg]
>
> So will this C version of Eclipse use DirectX still or something else (what do you guys request)? How about socket-wise. RakNet?

More than likely OpenGL. (T)He(y) might add DirectX or X11 support for Windows/Mac Respectively. I wouldn't get focused on it though.

Thanks,
Aero/EBrown

@MrMiguu:

> Speaking of MMOs made in Flash; Neosaurs is 2D side scrolling MMO made by Microsoft in Flash. It's alright…

Until some 9 year old makes a youtube video on Flash Trainers… Though if they are effective on your mmo it's a fail.

Java is the future. games like aion, guild wars... hell even RS. Make the client on whatever you want, but Java also has many pro's to being the server-side.