Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would the community support a C implementation?

Admiral Refuge

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want this.  So.  Bad.  It would solve the problem of the engine using the depreciated VB6(although C is old, it's timeless really).  It would also mean Eclipse faster, and it would be cross platform.  What's not to like?

@Robin:

> Yes, because VB6 is older than C even though VB6 was programmed in C. Perfect logic right there.

@El:

> It would solve the problem of the engine using the old VB6(although C is old, it's timeless really).

think you might've missed some of that ;)

@Robin:

> Then why call VB6 old as if it's a problem?

I see what you mean there.  I think Outdated is a better word, as Microsoft has been trying to get rid of it and there's newer versions of VB

@Rusher:

> I'm quite interested. But since I'm not familiar with that Programming Language, I'm wondering if there are certain limits when using this language to make the Engine with.

Most limits are defined by the hardware, the operating system and the APIs that are being used.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@Robin:

> Stephan.

Or Elliott Brown/Aero. :)

Also it's not really a problem about Visual Basic 6 being old, it's just the IDE, tools, and software it uses are out of date. If Microsoft still supported Visual Basic 6 like they do .NET the language wouldn't be that bad.

Okay man up, who's the sorry chap that voted "no"?  :O

@Helladen:

> Or Elliott Brown/Aero. :)
>
> Also it's not really a problem about Visual Basic 6 being old, it's just the IDE, tools, and software it uses are out of date. If Microsoft still supported Visual Basic 6 like they do .NET the language wouldn't be that bad.

I'm really not concerned with the age of any language or software.  One of the fastest programming languages to this day, is FORTRAN77, and it's still very much used in heavy mathematical computing.

Things that I'm more concerned with, are problems such as cross-platform, performance, etc.