Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Eclipse Galaxy v0.9]

The New World

Eh, fixed a bunch of GUI bugs, added some default content. Mainly been working on this: [_CLICK_](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,73201.msg785284.html#msg785284) And a flash guide on creating a decent game with the engine, as well as expanding your knowledge to create something as close to publishable as possible. Nonetheless, I added in the projectile system, includes a ranged option on weapon types, and a new arrow item type. I'm also working on making an 'Editors Suite' that contains all the game editors other than the map editor. Why? To keep it central and external.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, whenever I finish my holiday fun and get time. 0.0.9 will include GUI bug fixes, default content, and examples for the custom item and npcs types, as well as a simple projectiles system. Versioning will also be converted to whole numbers. So v10 will include NPC equipment which will effect the combat mechanics. NPCs will no longer all be generic. The NPCs can be equipped with any created item which the stats of which will affect the NPC accordingly. This includes attack speed. I'm probably forgetting a bunch so be surprised.

Sounds great!  Just a few questions, though; if NPCs are equipped with ranged weapons, will you be including a recoded AI that allows them to line themselves up with their respective targets, then shoot?  Also, will you have to make a new NPC for each equipment set?

Sorry if my questions are annoying, I'm just curious about how that's going to work :)

Probably something dumb on my end. You people should be informed that this is merely a testing stage to find bugs and make improvements. So to fulfill this, running the client and server via the IDE first, and testing all the mechanics of it yourself can help me determine bugs and such when you come across and report them. So by running the projects in IDE can narrow down the line or procedure that is causing the error.

@octo Its a slight modification to the NPC editor. You will choose a helmet, shield, armor, and weapon for each NPC. But it is not required. The NPCs will also not show the equipment PD at this time, nor will it support custom type equipment. As for the ranged weapon mechanics, the npc will continually move towards it's target until they're in the same row, and close enough for the range of the weapon. NPC combat algorithms will also be changed to take count for their equipment.

@crzyone9584:

> Ugh looks like I'll be transfering my code to this one now. I can't wait for a later release. It will be a fun day to transfer to this kooler looking EO release. Keep up the work Rose.

I haven't transferred my code over since Wind Noctrine/before EO 1.5.0 and my source has every good source addition made. It's all about knowing the right tools.

And you've made some pretty good tutorials, he hasn't really done that much to the source. If you've put a lot of work into it, you should just use a comparison tool and see what he edited. Go through the modified files and repeat until done.

@Helladen:

> And you've made some pretty good tutorials, he hasn't really done that much to the source. If you've put a lot of work into it, you should just use a comparison tool and see what he edited. Go through the modified files and repeat until done.

I decided not to use this. Im just going to work on my own engine and use dx9\. Thanks to jc i have a decent start. Just need to fix a few bugs.

• 2 months later...
So this is an uber late reply but, considering almost every custom engine in this board is once again tutorials crammed together with no originality or optimizations, I will once again be working on this project.

And to answer your question, you create custom events by creating a new case in the handling sub for the sort of event you're creating. Such as 'Use_Item'