Find results in...

Skyrim

Robin

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
I picked up skyrim again on friday. Just when I thought I had escaped.

Also did you know that Sheogorath (the mad Deidra) is actually the character you play as in Oblivion. Go look it up. Apparently in the shivering isles expansion to Oblivion you get turned into the new Sheogorath and he basically just keeps the title. Learning more about the mythology every damn second.

• 2 months later...
Well haven't played this game in forever.. I played for a few days after dawngaurd came out but meh, didn't really suck me in… Just heard about the new dlc Hearthfire... Being that I play this and most of the newer elder scrolls games on xbox im really kinda excited about this update... I know its kinda lame.no new.quest no new enemies but this is something very new gameplay wise than I'm use to from an elder scrolls game.. anyone else looking forward to this new dlc next week?

• 1 month later...
Bumping this thread.

Just wanted to say Hearth Fire for Skyrim came out on Steam yesterday.

I played for a bit, but I still can't get around the fact that a murderer (Member of the Dark Brotherhood) could casually just adopt children and get away with it. Oh well, those darn kids are invincible anyways.

> Bumping this thread.
>
> Just wanted to say Hearth Fire for Skyrim came out on Steam yesterday.
>
> I played for a bit, but I still can't get around the fact that a murderer (Member of the Dark Brotherhood) could casually just adopt children and get away with it. Oh well, those darn kids are invincible anyways.

I like Skyrim, I really do. But there's a certain lack of immersion in it; almost like Bethesda were just relying on the good graphics to make it seem realistic, rather than actually make it _feel_ realistic. You saying about the children reminds me of that.

But, all said and done, I'll still play it and I'll still enjoy it. It just seems to be lacking back-end quality in certain areas.

There's restriction laws against killable children in games. Could you imagine the media outrage if parents saw their teenagers slaughtering children in video games, and hundreds of youtube videos of child-death compilations. Personally, I wish I could kill children, it defys my character's wishes in game. In Fallout 3 and Neverwinter Nights, the only few npcs left were quest-essential NPCs and unkillable children. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

I'm sure there's a mod somewhere to make children killable. It is definitely things like that, that make Skyrim feel quite shallow.. Still, it's a good game overall.

I keep putting it down for a few days/weeks, then coming back to it, and rinse and repeat.

• 3 weeks later...