Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

Hello guys
I can not compile the changes made to the source, the following error appears : "Method or data member nor found"

But I have not changed anything in EventEditorInit

PRINT:

>! ![](http://i67.tinypic.com/30vc87d.jpg)

Components

>! ![](http://i66.tinypic.com/2dugiu1.jpg)

what do I need to do?

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@'Zmey:

> 1) How i can add in game more quests, maps, items etc.?

My guide on using skywyre, you can give your self admin via the server (right click on your account to see options) then in game press the insert key (ins) to have the admin menus pop down from the title bar which yo can click and edit the in-game content.
http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/thread-85376.html

@'BeNjO':

> @'Zmey:
>
> > 1) How i can add in game more quests, maps, items etc.?
>
> My guide on using skywyre, you can give your self admin via the server (right click on your account to see options) then in game press the insert key (ins) to have the admin menus pop down from the title bar which yo can click and edit the in-game content.
> http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/thread-85376.html

Thanks. I knov how make myself to admin. But if ia want make the quests, for example, i see then it maximum 70\. How i can make more then 70? s?ame thing about the rest (maps, items, …)
And most important for me, how i can add new language in game?

@'Agoraphobic':

> - Variables’ names are not saving. They just erase after you close the Variable Window.

I have posted a way to fix this one here:
http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/thread-85828-post-946341.html#pid946341

thanks for the rest of the list, I will want to fix these for my game :)

@'SkywardRiver':

> This is most likely going to be the last version of Eclipse Skywyre. (released here at least). [snip] but in the end I decided that that wouldn't be fair to the many friends I've garnered here. Note that I don't support this engine any longer on Eclipse.

No longer supported unfortunatly but hopefully someone will pick it up, edit it for the good and release a custom version of this :).

@'Diefool':

> Sorry for double-post, but in next update you may wanna fix this as well (Only renders the first 50 maps as working):
>
> Client:
> ```
> MAX_MAPS = 300
> ```
> Server:
> ```
> MAX_MAPS = 50
> ```

Hmmmmm. My copy of v9 has this fixed. Anywho, if I end up updating this, (the still official version of Eclipse (nice, Link. Tell me off and then keep my stuff)) then I'll make sure it's fixed.

@'SkywardRiver':

> Hmmmmm. My copy of v9 has this fixed. Anywho, if I end up updating this, (the still official version of Eclipse (nice, Link. Tell me off and then keep my stuff)) then I'll make sure it's fixed.

Haha maybe I'm working with V8 or something, my apologies if so. The download link is still going to Skywyre, maybe he will change it when the team releases a version of their own? I guess until then it's just The Team, Skyward's Dream… Don't know about that beef, but that is a terrible thing considering you have the best release on this forum imo..... sorry to hear this

Actually the team that was developing the new Eclipse Engine have decided to not post it on Eclipse. They're work will continue, I'm told, but it will be released on a new site that has yet to be disclosed. You have Link to thank for that as well.

Also, I really appreciate the help you've been supplying to peeps using this release :D

@'SkywardRiver':

> Actually the team that was developing the new Eclipse Engine have decided to not post it on Eclipse. They're work will continue, I'm told, but it will be released on a new site that has yet to be disclosed. You have Link to thank for that as well.
>
> Also, I really appreciate the help you've been supplying to peeps using this release :D

No worries, just a hobby… no point in keeping it all to myself

I personally think you should keep updating, it's an old engine and stuff, but that doesn't matter. Old or not creativity does not stop at the limitations. Since I found a good spot to work (Nin Online) I have been enjoying eclipse origin's features in a way I never have and its been inspiring me. I have been messing with the engine and have decided upon working with it, so I might be sharing some information on projects I may pursue, if I find time. So continued support for this engine is surely desired, if it's a financial issue you're thinking I'd be willing to pay you for continued support and updates on this engine, I kinda had a quick read, I really don't understand your stance with it thus far, but if you're giving up on it, you shouldn't. EW has been cut off permanently by Seth, and this is one of the other better engines in terms of usability (I guess).

Regards,
Yuko

Eh, I'm not giving up on it. I'm actually still using my own custom version of my custom version for a grand project lol. I just don't take too well to being told off by the owner of the forum after I've kept his forum alive with this thing for the last 6 months or so. Anywho, I'll continue to update it, I've decided, but whether or not it will be here is another question I'll answer in time.

Sorry for this dumb question, but is it possible to make the Window bigger?
Tried to change

ScreenWidth = 800
ScreenHeight = 600

But this doesn´t seems to take affect.
Can´t be this hard, can it? :o

Thank you :)
And nice engine :P

@'iLeGiTiMx':

> Sorry for this dumb question, but is it possible to make the Window bigger?
> Tried to change
>
> ScreenWidth = 800
> ScreenHeight = 600
>
> But this doesn´t seems to take affect.
> Can´t be this hard, can it? :o
>
> Thank you :)
> And nice engine :P

I'd have to look into the source to get an answer for this (will be trying to tackle it myself and possibly implement fullscreen modes and multiple resolutions for my game eventually although I will admit this is low priority and wont be looking into it for awhile).

There may be topics on it already in the tutorials section (use the search function) also….when I do get around to looking into it I will not be replying here with the answer. The main purpose of this post is to ask you to post this again in "Questions and Answers" forum, and I will post a reply there **when I get to that** if someone else don't get you beforehand.

TLDR - Use search function first, if nothing found make a new post with this question in the proper place (a new thread in "Questions and Answers")

EDIT: Looking at this in the future it seems I was being a total d**k....and don't mean to come off this way... just hoping you post there in case someone else has an answer already (as no one will find this question randomly by reading this thread....which is now pretty much dead by the way if you look at the newest edit to OP....) hope I didn't rub ya the wrong way, was truly meant to get you the answer you requested

I'm not really sure what all is going on in the forums today, been lurking for a few weeks, trying to learn the basics.

I joined as an actual member only a few minutes ago. I just wanted to thank you for the release.