Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work with this engine, thanks for spending your time for us!

I noticed that paperdolls are not drawing when the character is walking to the left side. Thats good for weapons, but it makes no sense for armors etc, hope its a bug or just not finished. ^^
I also noticed strange npc lagging/jumping when their movement speed is set to low. Especially when they fight or hunt the player.

Edit: Ok, paperdoll is working, i need to restart the server until it starts to draw armors over the character and not behind it when i change item type from weapon to armor etc.

@'Jaxx':

> As well as a fix to Spell Evolution

Can you write a changelog or how to add your fixes to previous versions? :p i'm using v3 with lots of bug fixes. There was a bank glitch where you couldn't withdraw a bunch of items, stackables, none attributed items etc.

Looking forward to pvp fix and spell evolution fix.

@'lurv':

> @'Jaxx':
>
> > As well as a fix to Spell Evolution
>
> Can you write a changelog or how to add your fixes to previous versions? :p i'm using v3 with lots of bug fixes. There was a bank glitch where you couldn't withdraw a bunch of items, stackables, none attributed items etc.
>
> Looking forward to pvp fix and spell evolution fix.

I use the v4 and it's already fixed lol :D and the Stealth skill too. But PvP still bugged. waiting for v5 <3

@'Miharukun':

> Hey, how to change the character sprite size? It is using VX with 3x4 right? i wanna make it 4x4 but when i try change it to 4x4 the character in game is messed up x-x. Where can i change the sprite size?

Go into config.ini and change charastyle from 1 to 2 or whatever. experiment with it.

@'lurv':

> @'Miharukun':
>
> > Hey, how to change the character sprite size? It is using VX with 3x4 right? i wanna make it 4x4 but when i try change it to 4x4 the character in game is messed up x-x. Where can i change the sprite size?
>
> Go into config.ini and change charastyle from 1 to 2 or whatever. experiment with it.

Alright Thanks!
@'Gahduvdeth':

> Change it from 1 to 0.

Thanks i will try!
@'Abyss':

> Can miharukun get his own thread for skywyre? I don't want to keep digging through his questions to get to new discussion

Uh, sorry ima make thread for asking question related to this engine.

I'd like to know how to compile your engine, its needed vb6 100%? or other versions can be used?
Also, i'd like to know how to set more starter classes, instead of advance. Tried to change class.ini and config but nothing.
Thanks in advance, good work.

This is guess work<<<<<<<<<<<<

I think it has something to do with DoNotAdvance=1

So creating a new class in the ini, you change the

```
[INIT]
MaxClasses=12

```
to the right number, so if your adding 2 classes you increase it by 2 etc.

then add a new class at the bottom of the ini using this format:

```
[CLASS14] CHANGE 14 to new number, theres 13 in sky engine already, so just copy/paste this and when adding new ones just change it to +1
Name=
MaleSprite=
FemaleSprite=

Strength=
Endurance=
Intelligence=
Agility=
Willpower=

StartItemCount=
StartItem1=
StartValue1=

StartSpellCount=
StartSpell1=

Advancement1=
Advancement2=
Advancement3=

```

Tried that already :P! When you try to create a new character, only the 3 first classes appear.. i think its a source problem.. and i get some errors trying to compile.. so im stuck xD
But thanks for you time mate!

change this,

For i = 1 To 3
frmMenu.cmbClass.AddItem Trim$(Class(i).name)
Next

change the 3 to what ever number you want, just have to change the positions of the classes inside the classes .ini and make sure the advancements etc all match up correctly. Works fine for me :)

![](http://puu.sh/j9S7T/35e9000411.png)

So if you want to add 1 more class to the drop box down, You will have to have it Class 4 and everything else below it must be +1 on there original numbers and make sure the advancements are corrected too :)

OR

add this under neath the above code:
```
For i = [CLASSX] To [CLASSX]
frmMenu.cmbClass.AddItem Trim$(Class(i).name)
Next

```
So if your new class is [CLASS14] you would do

```
For i = 14 To 14
```
This is the easier way to do it, I havent tested if any of these actually work/save the correct class but feel free to test if any of these work :)

I've been wondering, how hard would it be to add these 3 features.
1\. Add variables to npc editor.
2\. Make loot pick upable only by the one who kills the mob X seconds.
3\. Diagonal walk.
I've been trying to figure it out by myself but im not that good at programming!

Thanks!