Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to have them set in the properties and have the npc spawn attribute. The fact that the map editor spawns npcs without npc spawn tiles is an issue that needs fixed within its self, npcs shouldn't spawn without an npc spawn attribute unless an event spawns them.

1\. This spell bug will be looked into and if needed shall be fixed for v4

2\. On the contrary to popular belief, Npcs are designed to spawn, regardless of an NPC spawn attribute, unless told not to with the Don't Autospawn option. Npcs without an NpcSpawn attribute will spawn at a random walkable location.

Okay so I am now experiencing the movement bug as well. I guess I didn't notice until I made a new map and transferred to it but yes there is a considerable difference in movement speed when walking from one map to another. On map1 I move really faster and on map2 I move normal. I can't seem to track down whats causing this but I'm going to keep trying to figure it out.

Jaxx, what is the Eclipse-wide GPU to Movement bug you referred to exactly?

Okay so I think I figured out what happens with movement speed. If there are a decent high amount of autotiles on a map your FPS will drop from 64 to around 40-45 causing player movement speed to increase for some reason. A simple fix for this would be to avoid using autotiles unless absolutely necessary, that is, if Jaxx decides to fix this issue.

@'riokoshin':

> Okay so I am now experiencing the movement bug as well. I guess I didn't notice until I made a new map and transferred to it but yes there is a considerable difference in movement speed when walking from one map to another. On map1 I move really faster and on map2 I move normal. I can't seem to track down whats causing this but I'm going to keep trying to figure it out.
>
> Jaxx, what is the Eclipse-wide GPU to Movement bug you referred to exactly?
>
> Okay so I think I figured out what happens with movement speed. If there are a decent high amount of autotiles on a map your FPS will drop from 64 to around 40-45 causing player movement speed to increase for some reason. A simple fix for this would be to avoid using autotiles unless absolutely necessary, that is, if Jaxx decides to fix this issue.

This is exactly what I mean with the GPU to Movement bug, and as I've said before, yes, it's because of many animated or autotiles being on the screen at once. As far as I understand it, the more data the game uses the faster the client processes many things. As far as I can tell for movement, it's because GetTickCount is used for processing movement, instead of a more universally constant… well... constant.

Found another bug when Player attack player doesn't reduce the hp. it show the amount of hp lose but the hp bar didn't drop and the hp is still remain the same.

Found a new bug, the second player who use the spell will stuck in one place and cannot move. i mean the second player who join the server… the first one is okay.

I kinda like the engine, thats why i test it with my bro and found lots of bug. I have no knowledge in VB but i am happy to report it all here.

@'dumplingk':

> Found another bug when Player attack player doesn't reduce the hp. it show the amount of hp lose but the hp bar didn't drop and the hp is still remain the same.
>
> Found a new bug, the second player who use the spell will stuck in one place and cannot move. i mean the second player who join the server… the first one is okay.
>
> I kinda like the engine, thats why i test it with my bro and found lots of bug. I have no knowledge in VB but i am happy to report it all here.

I appreciate you finding these bugs! I'll be fixing them for v4 :D

@'dumplingk':

> Found a new bug, the second player who use the spell will stuck in one place and cannot move. i mean the second player who join the server… the first one is okay.

So I've tested this bug quite thoroughly and I can't seem to replicate the bug. It also wasn't a problem when we were developing and playing a game built with this engine on an online server with more than 4 people on.

This engine is perfect!!!
Congratulations on your hard work and thank you for providing this engine!!

@off: I just want to provide two class options during account creation, but always show three, how can I change this? :(

@'souama':

> This engine is perfect!!!
> Congratulations on your hard work and thank you for providing this engine!!
>
> @off: I just want to provide two class options during account creation, but always show three, how can I change this? :(

Find this in the client source:

```
frmMenu.cmbClass.Clear

For I = 1 To 3
       frmMenu.cmbClass.AddItem Trim$(Class(I).Name)
   Next

```
And change the 3 to whatever amount of classes you want to be able to select at the start :D

@'Jaxx':

> @'dumplingk':
>
> > Found a new bug, the second player who use the spell will stuck in one place and cannot move. i mean the second player who join the server… the first one is okay.
>
> So I've tested this bug quite thoroughly and I can't seem to replicate the bug. It also wasn't a problem when we were developing and playing a game built with this engine on an online server with more than 4 people on.

Hey, I'm getting this bug also with one friend. I think maybe it is our latency that creates the issue? I have pretty bad lag because of no dedicated server so I think it creates this bug… I am not sure however ! :-/