Find results in...

Mapping Contest - Cash Prize!

Marsh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zetasis:

> The RMXP maps look good but I'll be very disapointed if one of them win it.

Why? It's ridiculous to judge the map by the tiles. Kibblez did by far the best use of cliffs, and he should be awarded for it. Nobody else had terracing as intricate. Stuff like this is exactly why I suggested that we should be limited to certain tilesets.

Don't get me wrong, using RMXP in a game is lazy, but using it in a mapping contest is practical. It's the most complete tileset available on eclipse, and therefore the best choice to map with.

Besides, Justin's the only person who didn't use RMXP and still made a good looking map that felt like a valley.

As much as I love kibblez's map, it's unfortunate that he can not win atm. His map is a cliff/slope it is not a valley and therefore can not be counted.

> Special Rule/s (1)
> Must have at least 2 sides of the map banked up by mountains / elevation.

His is only one. I'm only saying this because I think it will be unfair to those that followed the special rule. I hope he fixes it so I can vote for him though. :P

Don't get me wrong I'm not a dick, just want to be fair.

I'm just going to leave this star map showcasing my superior skills.

Prepare yourself…you can't it's to awesome.

>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/6182a5816cdd4eb98ec984fa98e3411d.png)
>! or
>! ![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/eb492b96eb783358ebd23da01818b948.png)

@Zetasis:

> Like I said, don't get me wrong the maps look good, but a good portion of my voting is based off of the tileset chosen to make the map. Just my opinion though.

Then shouldn't it be a tileset selecting contest, not a mapping contest?

@Eckhart:

> Why? It's ridiculous to judge the map by the tiles. Kibblez did by far the best use of cliffs, and he should be awarded for it. Nobody else had terracing as intricate. Stuff like this is exactly why I suggested that we should be limited to certain tilesets.
>
> Don't get me wrong, using RMXP in a game is lazy, but using it in a mapping contest is practical. It's the most complete tileset available on eclipse, and therefore the best choice to map with.
>
> Besides, Justin's the only person who didn't use RMXP and still made a good looking map that felt like a valley.

Why thank you :3