Find results in...

Eclipse - Event System

jcsnider

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@HammeR:

> in editor dont show the event tile or atributes. am using w7 maybe is a dx8 render problem?
> sorry my english not native :)
> any way excelent release man

Please report errors with the Nighly versions in the corrext thread
(This bug specifically has been fixed)
@Domino_:

> There will be tutorial afther this system will be 101% bug free.

Not by me. Someone will have to step up and do it… besides CSDE has more urgent issues.. the graphics class perhaps. Lol

Hey love this! But im getting a glitch ;/ I got really in to the event scripting and so forth,, When the event is over i have a msg come up and when you click it just goes back to the text, not exiting? Any tips :P?

Edit:
Seams to be looping the last command, i set the msg to chatbox and it spammed my msg -.-

@lexkymbeth:

> Hey love this! But im getting a glitch ;/ I got really in to the event scripting and so forth,, When the event is over i have a msg come up and when you click it just goes back to the text, not exiting? Any tips :P?
>
> Edit:
> Seams to be looping the last command, i set the msg to chatbox and it spammed my msg -.-

Can you screenshot your command list so I can see what your setup is?

@Lumiere:

> i dunno if others suggested this but it would be cool to add a thing so on text boxes to add a face

It is an idea that has been floating around in my head for a Nightly release ;)

Are you going to design the engine as the RPG Maker jc? In that case it would be awesome to have split the client from the game builder, in which the database information is stored and when you could map without being playing.

Hmm yes, but IMO having the editors divided from the client could be safer and quicker. I made my own extern-editor that modify the .dat files directly in the server folders and I've found it pretty useful. But is just a suggestion, as that is the RPGMaker way :P

@lexkymbeth:

> i seem to fix the glitch i asked about, ;p after i unchecked wall thure it started working. New one tho i cant make spells it says subscript out of range when i save. have to erase the spells after i make them to make it go away

Can you give more info I cannot re-create this? Have you made any source edits?

This is absolutely great! This has not only gotten me back into making a ORPG with eclipse but has given me endless creative ability. This is exactly what eclipse needed now all we need is a easy way to import changes to source files, you know like a scripting system :P. I am unable to find VB6 so its impossible for me to learn to edit eclipse. But, Thank you so much, this is great other than the freeze ups when putting something in a map.

Thanks, Crimexx

@cudauhoan:

> Any tutorial about making quest with this system? :sad:

To quote a conversation between our two evil masterminds:
@Stein:

> In all honesty, and no offense to you Snider, the event system should NOT be used as a replacement for an actual quest system. As good as it is it simply does not offer certain things quests would need. I would however endorse you all to integrate the event system in your quests system(say, take Alatar's system and write an event trigger where you can progress a quest through events, start them etc.) because this combination will offer a LOT more flexibility.
>
> I believe we discussed a similar thing when the system was about to be released, that as a standalone it would work well for small things and tidbits that would make the world feel alive, and little puzzles and events that would make your quests less of a grind, but it could not ever fully replace a quest system on it's own, unless integrated.

@jcsnider:

> I agree completely. I am saying that it can be used for small get item quests for easy ways to make money in the game or something. But yes, once I start on my own game, Alatar's quest system comes first and yes, I will be integrating it with my event system with a better quest log :D

@Joyce:

> To quote a conversation between our two **evil** masterminds:

So we are _evil_ now?

Anyways, yes, you can install Alatar's quest system into version 2.3 however there will be no real integration with the event system. That requires a ton of custom coding.

As for making a tutorial on how to achieve simple quests using only the event system, for one, you can study how the carpenter works in the demo, he is a great example. You can also google Rpg Maker Event tutorials. My system greatly resembles RPG Makers.