Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VIRUS IS STILL IN THIS SITE

Jacquelinett

damn it Abhi locked the topic. So i have to start a new one

Lately, like, 8/10 time i visit this website, my avast detect a virus, my AVG detect a virus as well (Yeah i have 3 virus scanners). And it really scared me because my dad's business computer was infected, and he blaming it all on me >.<

Someone need to fix it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running three virus scanners at once does more harm than good(They interrupt eachother and it's a huge resource hog)? So I'd suggest picking one good one and sticking with it.

Anyway, it's an URL that's been injected somewhere it seems. I haven't been able to get Avast to trigger a message for two days anymore though so I can't really say which. But it's not a real virus, but a known malicious URL.

What's there to fix? If your anti virus scan picks up a "Virus" and you don't tell us much more about it, like the details of the virus and etc, then where the hell should that 'someone' look?

Not to forget I find it incredibly hard to believe that the virus we had is still there, because of the much traffic of users this forum gets, you're the only person I see taking notice of a virus so far. That goes without saying that I'm assuming this virus has been detectable for quite some time.

My opinion is also based on the fact that I don't trust anti viruses anymore, they're more scareware these days than anything else. Update your anti virus scans, let them run again, if you get a notification of a virus, tell the details of the virus if you get them.

@Scypher:

> It happens on the front page of the forums without any signatures showing though. So I'm assuming It's either an advertisement or an injection causing it.

Most likely the ad's, those are usually the culprit. Nothing Eclipse can do about it, unless they don't want to display the ad's, which they do as they likely generate some form of income.

Best they could do is contact whomever is supplying the ad's and let them know.

Next time your anti virus goes off, see which particular ad the page loaded with and perhaps send Marsh a PM.

@Scypher:

> It happens on the front page of the forums without any signatures showing though. So I'm assuming It's either an advertisement or an injection causing it.

It is happening to me either. Opera is warning, though.

Is this really still being talked about? I'm sure that a web server can not pick up a virus (unless it's windows), if it could we would all know about it. His anti-virus thinks this site is malicious, mine has for the past 2 years. There is nothing to see here, move along.

Happened to me, Norton detected it. It kept control though, so I continued and saw this topic. Here's the goods:

Web Attack: Malicious Exploit Kit 4
Risk: High
Attacking Computer: 82.192.87.6, 80
Attacker URL: palaceshrunk.in/404notfound
Destination Address: *MY COMPUTER*, Port 4019

I think if there was a legit virus on this site a lot of people who are involved and work on it would be aware. It is prob something small and petty. I really wouldn't think this is much for alarm. I've never gotten nething like this before on the 3 years on and off here.

@Yukiyo:

> Am I the only one who doesn't use antivirus .. and has only ever been infected by one virus?

Nope, same here. Though I got a "Anti-virus virus" once.. Weirdest thing. Wouldn't allow me to open any programs, including taskmanager because they were all "infected" and only way to get rid of the "infection" was to buy the shit.

@Sick:

> Nope, same here. Though I got a "Anti-virus virus" once.. Weirdest thing. Wouldn't allow me to open any programs, including taskmanager because they were all "infected" and only way to get rid of the "infection" was to buy the shit.

I once got a virus that displayed a message from the Metropolitan Police that I had committed acts of Pedophilia and that the only way to get rid of the message and return to normal computer use was to pay a £50 fine. I knew it was fake because the fine is usually a lot higher. ;)