Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A long needed forum cleanup

Niko

Ive noticed latley that the forums are getting to messy and way to big. Its gotten to the point were I don't even like posting and cant post all that much. Theirs to many forums/boards and theirs just too much to read.
        Throughout today I will be cleaning things up. Combining boards that are not needed (like the child board of resources, under the graphics section when we already have a resource section) and making things more general. We wont loose any posts or topics. This way we will be able to post a broader amount of topics in less forums.
I'm sure I'm not the only one getting annoyed with scrolling through countless pages and looking through many many boards.

**FORUM CLEAN UP LOG**
-Their a child board entitled "resources" under the graphics forum. This was unneeded because we already have a resource and request resource section. Their was also like 15 or so request topics under it. So I moved the  request topics and the graphics resource topics in their proper places and deleted the sub board from the graphics section.

-Alot of the child board tutorial board have been moved to the tutorial sections as child boards.

-I changed the questions board, and made alot of the "help" sections as child boards to the main questions forum.

Aug 17, 08

-All the child board tutorial sections have now been dumped into the main Tut section, so they are all in one place. I left the scripting tutorials as a sub board under the scripting section solely because scripting is one of the only things that need a whole board to itself so i might as well leave it their.

-Ive compressed all the error fix boards into one. We had far to many. The bugs section, run time error, and fixes section are now one board.

-Moved the mapping show off to the graphics showoff like it used to be. Then moved the mapping contest to the contest section. Thus removing the need for a mapping board.

-I collided the gfx chitchat section to be just the gfx section.

-Gfx chitchat section moved to normal gfx section.

Alright guys the forum cleanup is complete. You should be able to notice a difference, smaller stuff to go through and more organized. Uhmmm, I stopped updating the log on the first page about half way through the process, but you should be able to notice the difference. Let me know guys, I want to see how I did.

@Soljah, the mapping contests are under the Mapping section were they should have been this whole time. Down the page a bit.
@Seba you will get used to it, its more organized and actually less work to find what your looking for.

If you guys have any questions related to the new update feel free to ask.

@Alex:

> Would it be a good idea in tutorials there are boards like, Genaral, mapping, GFX, scripting, source…etc? Wouldn't it make it more neater and then you could have all tutorial boards in one place.

That's exactly why I organized the forum how it was, It's going back to what it was earlier this year now… And we had many more problems then.

Alright you should be able to see all the contest board now. Anyway, about the tutorials like I said the tutorial board that were all separated were scattered across the forum and not even under the tutorial forum. So I just added them all into it, if you don't like it I'm sorry but its already done. Everything else is fine.