Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gwen's UBER SUPER Eclipse 2.7 ultimate install guide! Now with more pictures!

Gwen

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey. I have a problem when trying to get my character to the Owner stature.  I can move around in the game on the defualt black map, but whenever I am in the server editor my character isn't on there. And whenever I go to the accounts folder and go on my account details I can't see where it is to edit my characters status. If someone can help me that'd be great!

Necromancer

@Necromancer:

> Hey. I have a problem when trying to get my character to the Owner stature.  I can move around in the game on the defualt black map, but whenever I am in the server editor my character isn't on there. And whenever I go to the accounts folder and go on my account details I can't see where it is to edit my characters status. If someone can help me that'd be great!
>
> Necromancer

So, your character.ini exists? Then just close the client, open that file and press Ctrl-F. Type in "access=" and change the first line that comes up to 4.

I say close the client because it wont work if your logged in when you change your access.

New set of problems, When i press F1 in game it does nothing Also, the Server does not have my char in the player list… I am not sure why :( does any one have any ideas on these problems?

Seams i am having the same problems as Necromancer, I cant see a Character.ini also.

Thats the problem Marsh, i cant give my self any rights hehe, F1 dosnt work and server dosnt see any chars on the server.

![](http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb14/kelliewubjoo/Printscreen.jpg)
![](http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb14/kelliewubjoo/sigh.jpg)

Ive tryed closing and opening both aplications in diffrent orders, tryed making a diffrent acount and no luck, i dont really know what else i can do or what i am doing wrong :(

But the F1 key does not work for me it seams, and my char infomation is not showing up in the player list, so im unable to give my self rights or make a map.

Okay, that looks like the newest version of Eclipse (Eclipse Evolution 2.7), am I correct?

So you've already registered, and made an account through your client (otherwise you wouldn't have been able to create a character and login)

Also, is your client set to connect to the ip address: "127.0.0.1"?

There's afew things you could try.  The first way, is just restarting everything, the second, is manually changing the file. 
I'd suggest trying the second way, since it's really cool xD

**First way**
Close out your client and your server. Restart the server, and just keep the tab on "chat".
Next open your client back up, login, and choose the character that you made…
After that, switch back to the server, and see if you're there.

**Second Way**
If that doesn't work, there's a manual way to do it.
I've attached a file called "CharEditor.exe". Download that file.  This is what people use to use to modify the account data before they directly used the server.

Close our your Server and Client.
Run the program, and go to "File" -> "Load"
Find your "Server" folder, and go into "Accounts" folder.  Then find the folder with your username, go in there, and select "Char1.dat"
You should have something like the following picture:
![](http://i39.tinypic.com/nqxzsg.jpg)

Now, change "Access" to owner.
Then go to "File" and "save".
Restart server, then restart client, then you should have an owner account (atleast for the char in slot1)

Let me know if this helps  :cheesy:

(hmm… Maybe I should start giving support again for Eclipse lol)

Its helped me become the ower! so ic an edit the maps and stuff now what is GREAT!

but the server thing is still not reconising that im playing on there.. will that mean if people
try to log in to my game they wont be able to?

Well, if you can login successfully, your players should be able to login too.
I'm not sure why the server isn't recognizing it though…
What I would suggest, is make a topic [here](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?board=2.0), and show those screenshots, saying that the server isn't recognizing you there.

Oki well, i think its a smaller problem of a larger problem, I cant do alot of things due to the server not noticing the char on there, i cant make new classes and i cant do other things like that as it wont save them on to the new server… May give up before ive even started

• 1 month later...
@dallasfan12:

> after i make my character and try to login the game it says..
>
> Error initializing Directdraw! Make sure yo have DirectX 7 or higher installed and a compatible graphics device. Err:429 Desc:Active X component can't create object
>
> Any one know how to fix?

Did you bother reading your error?

@dallasfan12:

> well yes i did i had to type it =p
>
> uumm im EXTREMLY nooby when it comes to computers haha…but do you know how to.......um do what ever it wants me to do because it sounds like you do ;)

-_- it says what to do… in the error...@dallasfan12:

> Make sure you have DirectX 7 or higher installed and a compatible graphics device.