Find results in...

What happened is…

zade_o

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was apart of it too Alster,so you don't have to pay that much.
I will donate as much as I can,so yeah just so you all know.
I was apart of it,I don't want to be the one that hides-
while all the other admit it,so yeah.

@Kite:

> I was apart of it too Alster,so you don't have to pay that much.
> I will donate as much as I can,so yeah just so you all know.
> I was apart of it,I don't want to be the one that hides-
> while all the other admit it,so yeah.

I guess we'll all have to sort something out.

Though a large amount of the community was being stupid and immature, and it was really inappropriate for people to DDOS no matter what the circumstance, I think that the mods, admins, etc made a bit of a mistake pulling this off (no offense)

I'm pretty sure that, even though the community is really awesome as a whole, most everybody knows that some of it is fill with somewhat "ignorant" people. It may not have been a good decision to pull it off.

Yes, it had a chance to be hilarious, but it was daring.

Please note, I am not "flaming" the admins and mods and stuff, I just think, that despite your appropriate disappointment, it may be more healthy to direct it on the people that did it instead of the entire community, because some people handled this maturely.

On a different note, something catastrophic was bound to happen to eclipse one of these days… it is a shame, though, that it was because of an April fools joke.

There was? My bad.

@Marsh:

> I appreciate any donations I recieve. But I have no hard feelings I don't think they released the amount of damage they were doing. Its all water under the bridge let's just let everything go back to normal.

Wow… that is really dedicated. I'm really impressed with the way your dealing with this. That modivates me to never post on any topic having to do with this again, which is probably a good thing. It's probably best to remember this only as a way to prevent another thing like this from happening. Nicely said, marsh, nicely said.

@Xavi:

> Though a large amount of the community was being stupid and immature, and it was really inappropriate for people to DDOS no matter what the circumstance, I think that the mods, admins, etc made a bit of a mistake pulling this off (no offense)
>
> I'm pretty sure that, even though the community is really awesome as a whole, most everybody knows that some of it is fill with somewhat "ignorant" people. It may not have been a good decision to pull it off.
>
> Yes, it had a chance to be hilarious, but it was daring.
>
> Please note, I am not "flaming" the admins and mods and stuff, I just think, that despite your appropriate disappointment, it may be more healthy to direct it on the people that did it instead of the entire community, because some people handled this maturely.
>
> On a different note, something catastrophic was bound to happen to eclipse one of these days… it is a shame, though, that it was because of an April fools joke.

Eclipse has been hacked in the past, actually, multiple times (I don't remember the green forums ever being hacked, rather the forums before the green were hacked, and right after the green were hacked too); everyone has been pissed on on April Fools in the past too.

Green forums are nothing… There has been rather catastrophic things that has happened on the community before... I can recall quite afew big messes, but the community recovered, usually pretty quickly.

I don't think this should be locked and deleted, just because I believe in free information (of course it will be unpinned by the end of the week, and maybe locked, but not deleted), and because people are still asking what happened.

Either way, I hope everyone had a good April Fools :azn: