Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happened is…

zade_o

Ok, for the past few days, some of the admins have been setting us up for a prank. They had 2 noob accounts talking about buying the forums from Marsh and it caused quite a stir.

Today we awake to find that one of the noob accounts has become the Owner account and he posted a thread explaining the transition and stating that everyone that was an administrator or a mod had been stripped of their title. He also started muting people that called him an idiot and the likes.

So, we waited a while to try and get the truth out (that this was an april fools joke) but it didn't seem to be coming any time soon so we started messing with the forums because quite frankly, we hated him. So, first of all I started posting about like 400 images at once in the shoutbox and it stretched it so far you couldn't post anything.

Then, after that I said if you wanna crash the site, then PM me. So a couple of people pmed me. I explained how to DDos the site and they chose to do so. The site crashed like 30 minutes later. About 4 hours later or so, the forums were finally back up and we had been banned.

That good enough?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

**This post will contain any information/other points of view missing.**
**I'm activly watching this thread so if you post any flames/spam/anything I will delete the post and you WILL be warned.**

@Emblem!:

> For the record. The first noob account (Mistro) was Admiral Refuge, the 2nd (Azure Vystia) was me.
> Vysta was a noob/oracle and wasn't originally in on the prank.

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> Ghost, you forgot to add afew things for the record, that eclipse didn't just "Crash", but those actions have cost hundreds of dollars out of Marsh's pocket to fix the forums
>
> Anyway, here's my take on it:
> Long story short:
> As others have said, there was an april fools joke where a noob bought Eclipse…  It was going pretty well, most users knew it was a joke, and for the most part alot of users were having some fun with it.  Sadly, since Eclipse is made up of abunch of kids who can't take a joke, Chief, Alster, afew others, DDOSed eclipse, costing Marsh hundreds of dollars to bring the forum back up...
> Today looked like it was going to be pretty fun too; it's sad they ruined it like that; this is why children shouldn't be allowed on the internet
> Most of you were acting very irrational..  Some members were spamming abit, another member made a "Rebel Against Eclipse" topic, and other members started DDOSing the site.
> I should also say, AFTER the members were contacted and told it was told that it was a joke, I think Chief was the only one to stop DDOSing

I can tell you right now that Mistro did not mute anybody; Renzo muted one user for spamming the shoutbox before Mistro was promoted; I know this, because I was playing the role of Mistro.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

You beat me to it Emblem!

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
I don't think I'd ever find myself saying this, but I agree with you Keebler Elf!

EDIT: Scroll down to Reply#10 for my take on this morning's events

@Keebler:

> Moral of the story. Dont be a little kid about stuff.

Wiser words have never been said.

**I'm keeping a close eye on this thread. I'm leaving it open so people can ask questions. Any flaming/bashing/bad posts will be deleted and you will be warned.**

Ghost, you forgot to add afew things for the record, that eclipse didn't just "Crash", but those actions have cost hundreds of dollars out of Marsh's pocket to fix the forums

Anyway, here's my take on it:
Long story short:
As others have said, there was an april fools joke where a noob bought Eclipse…  It was going pretty well, most users knew it was a joke, and for the most part alot of users were having some fun with it.  Sadly, since Eclipse is made up of abunch of kids who can't take a joke, Chief, Alster, afew others, DDOSed eclipse, costing Marsh hundreds of dollars to bring the forum back up...
Today looked like it was going to be pretty fun too; it's sad they ruined it like that; this is why children shouldn't be allowed on the internet
Most of you were acting very irrational..  Some members were spamming abit, another member made a "Rebel Against Eclipse" topic, and other members started DDOSing the site.
I should also say, AFTER the members were contacted and told it was told that it was a joke, I think Chief was the only one to stop DDOSing

@Xeross:

> you can't ddos a website with only 1 comp, you need a network of atleast 40 comps for that, and that's on a small website hosted on a home computer.

@Ghost:

> Then, after that I said if you wanna crash the site, then PM me. So a couple of people pmed me. I explained how to DDos the site and they chose to do so.

I believe that means he had more than one person doing it.

hard to believe that eclipse that's running on dedicated or shared hosting of a big company goes down because of 2-20 people ddosing it i would assume you would atleast need a http flood capable program and atleast 100(And that's really low i think) or more zombies doing it.

Yeah. Obviously you're wrong about the network of at least 40 comps considering I think only 3 people did it.

I believe they were all doing it with like 10 dos windows though. Idk if that changes it or not.

Also, for the record, i was never notified it was a joke. I returned to the site and I was banned. That was all.

They were all just pinging the site from what I've heard…
Either way, Marsh's dedicated server ran out of memory from it and crashed; we were stuck with a "Internal Server Error 500" thing until Marsh splurged about $400 for the hosting company to give him more memory, so he was able to get on the forums again