Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aquambush:

> Great engine mrmiguu it pwns but i its treating blocks as platforms and is letting the char jump onto them from under. Please fix

Please relocate your character by holding Shift + click and let your player fall onto a blocked tile. I have tested them and the blocked tiles work just fine as long as your character doesn't jump from the base of the ground.

The new version is awesome! Congrats Miguu!… Hey, please, could you add Scripted music and BGM? (you can change music or use BGM sounds with scripting)... I saw it somewhere in the forum, sorry, can't remember where.

It would be awesome for making boss fights!

@franqetesh:

> The new version is awesome! Congrats Miguu!… Hey, please, could you add Scripted music and BGM? (you can change music or use BGM sounds with scripting)... I saw it somewhere in the forum, sorry, can't remember where.
>
> It would be awesome for making boss fights!

Thank you. I will see what I can do ;) I understand what you mean.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> The window size is the same as if it was fullscreen
> If you're running on a screen resolution smaller than 800x600, you might want to look into increasing it. I took out fullscreen because enabling it would not allow the player to edit maps and see other forms. I can insert the option though, if you want me to.

No real point without source because of how things might be layed out because of the players resolution.

@VitinhooxD:

> WOW!Awesome , i loved the new release!MrMiguu thanks for making this awesome edit for us!

You're welcome. I was thinking of changing the screen size back to it's original (not 800x600 since that doesn't fit on some comp's). What do you guys think?

@Tylian!:

> Hmm. Is there any way I could get the source of PV off of you under a non-release license or something similar?
>
> I wanna try using it, but I don't really see a reason if I can't bend the engine to my every whim.

Why not just add physics into Eclipse. That is all I did, that way you have the source and can bend it to your will.

@Æ’unny.:

> MRMIGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! I tried to press f5 and reset my location, and i still couldnt pick up the items. AND. I cant pick up the items even if i am you. XD

Um. Normally you should be able to pick up items. The only thing I could think of that wouldn't allow you to is if your character's coordinates are not synched with what the server says they are. Do this:

1\. Place blocked tiles at the very base of the map.
2\. Hold shift (only if your character is an admin) and right click just above the blocked tiles you placed down.
3\. Press f5.
4\. If you still can't, make a small video, post it here, and I will look into trying to replicate it and then fix it.

- Thanks for posting your problem.

@[SawQuart:

> Jungletoe link=topic=46896.msg533304#msg533304 date=1251427492]
> I like your idea, but whats the point of this being online? Wouldnt the map get crowded? (then again, club penguin pulled it off; making a orpg similar to a platform game.)

What does that mean? Maple Story, La Tale, Windslayer, Ghost Online, Tenvi, and Wonderking all pulled it off. Are you seriously doubting my skills? (lol, jk. I understand what you mean)