Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sk3wer:

> And are you also having a problem being warped to top of map when pressing down on a platform?
>
> Im using the latest hotfix, the earlier ones weren't giving this issue.

I fixed this bug in the newer version (not yet released). Don't worry, all of your suggestions haven't gone unheard and will be attended once the new release comes out.

So mrmiggu or anyone I was wondering what the first 6 sprite are used for when using PV. By first 6 sprites I mean the sprite sequence of walking forward and backward on the sprite sheets.

***what are the sprites inside the red circle used for in PV client***

![](http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/koopa7557/test-1.png)

I hope this isnt in the wrong section, just thought it would be best to be placed in this thread because its related to PV.

@Antidote:

> I like it in Maplestory how sometimes you have to climb up or down rope ladders to get to where you want to go - the area is not always accessible via jumping.  It adds another dimension to the game.

Like i said, jump on the ladder. Place a ladder and make it full of the Platform attribute.

@franqetesh:

> Up sprites: Using them for jump
> Down sprites: Using them for climbing
>
> Climbing and jumping are BASIC things for a Sidescroll game.

Not neccesarly, besides what button for climbing. Since the down button is for falling from a platform and that is very usefull.

@Rubey:

> Whens the new version cumin out.

Thats as stupid as asking about 3.0 or SE
@Antidote:

> I like it in Maplestory how sometimes you have to climb up or down rope ladders to get to where you want to go - the area is not always accessible via jumping.  It adds another dimension to the game.

Got news for you.
Your not gonna make another maplestory.

Hahaha, I'm not really trying to make another Maplestory, I'm just taking some advice from the graphical and UI layout of the game to make other games better, as I think that Maplestory has an ingenious layot for this type of thing.

You might be able to press down, then jump in order to fall through a platform, or have the server recognize when you're over a rope in order to climb.  I don't think that this is as difficult (or as important) as we're making it out to be.