Find results in...

Favorite Game System?

greenkid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bleh… cheaters!

ive never understood cheating in games. the only time i ever cheat is, once i beat the game i might use a cheat to get all the crap i couldnt find or just mess around in the levels... but ive never cheated to raise my stats or to use against another person. Online cheaters are the worst!

Well i did cheat in syndicate to piss my friend off... but that was just too funny. He'd come out with a pistol and I'd blow him up with a rocket launcher. To watch him freak out was priceless!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I Chose a PS3 over the 360, I was gonna buy the 360 but before I did I Did
research on both systems, The PS3 was more expensive ($700 at the time) but
The 360 had major design flaws, so I Chose the PS3 and Later we bought a Wii
but that only lasted a few weeks, now we don't even play it, The PS3 we still use
and are happy with it.

1.PS3(Runs very smoothly, 60GB Fat PS3! :))
2.360(once they fix It's Issues)
3.WII(Mostly boring for me)

The only reason I'd buy a Xbox360 is to disassemble it and use it as a server instead running my very own software. But then again, my mind is pretty duck up.

@Huntsman:

> link=topic=52046.msg575936#msg575936 date=1258462793]
> I wouldn't really call a PC a "Gaming System", but even so I still pick XXbox 360.

@NinjaCat:

> I didn't know the pc was a console.
>
> I'd love to get a 260, but I got to stuck whit my pc and my unused wii that I haven't been bothered whit for 2 months untill my birthday. :P

Depends on what you use it for (e.g. http://www.dex4u.com/).

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Jack:

> @Hey880:
>
> > and um what if I dont have any of those??
> >
> > what if I told you my favorite gaming system was the NES?
>
> Well obviously you have a PC.

If you're using that terminology, wouldn't the 360 also be counted as a PC?

And yeah, the top two imo would be the Amiga, and NES (I REALLY wish I owned an Amiga!).

@Admiral:

> @Jack:
>
> > @Hey880:
> >
> > > and um what if I dont have any of those??
> > >
> > > what if I told you my favorite gaming system was the NES?
> >
> > Well obviously you have a PC.
>
> If you're using that terminology, wouldn't the 360 also be counted as a PC?
>
> And yeah, the top two imo would be the Amiga, and NES (I REALLY wish I owned an Amiga!).

Well, its features have the some of the features of the PC, only if you have a Wireless Adapter. So no, it wouldnt. But hey, what does that have to do with not having it?  :P

@Admiral:

> @Jack:
>
> > @Hey880:
> >
> > > and um what if I dont have any of those??
> > >
> > > what if I told you my favorite gaming system was the NES?
> >
> > Well obviously you have a PC.
>
> If you're using that terminology, wouldn't the 360 also be counted as a PC?
>
> And yeah, the top two imo would be the Amiga, and NES (I REALLY wish I owned an Amiga!).

@Pink!:

> My mum had an Amiga. Her first ever "console". xD

Hehe, the Amiga was my first console and workstation and I initially owned three of them and I still do and guess what? They still work.

Amiga > PC.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@greenkid:

> Which game system is the best? In terms of accesories,ability, potential, and just plain beastlyness, I go with PS3

Accessories - PC has thousands of accessories. While there might be a couple dozen things you can buy for a console, the PC has more USB devices available than every console combined. No contest here.

Ability - In terms of actual output, a PC can beat the consoles fairly easily. With a fairly new processor, a decent video card, and some RAM, any PC can outdo a console. See http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc-ps3-360-comparison-dragon-age/58659 for side by side comparisons of a decent gaming PC to the PS3 and XBox 360\. Just look at the texture depth that the game systems lack.

Potential - PC all the way, here. Each console is manufactured the same. There's no way to give it more potential. A little hardware switching for the PC, however, and you can suddenly load programs you couldn't before. Also, emulators. No console has the ability to play the games of dozens of other consoles like the PC can. A lot of people like old game systems like the SNES, NES, N64, etc. They are all potentially available to PC users.

So, that's my take. The PC is a lot more versatile and powerful than any console.

@Ballie:

> Accessories - PC has thousands of accessories. While there might be a couple dozen things you can buy for a console, the PC has more USB devices available than every console combined. No contest here.

As well as a crappy PnP-standard, OHCI, EHCI and UHCI with the potential to cause a BSOD when you just plug in an USB-device. Also, USB is pretty slow for what it is (e.g. I only use it for HIDs and low data storage).

@Ballie:

> Ability - In terms of actual output, a PC can beat the consoles fairly easily. With a fairly new processor, a decent video card, and some RAM, any PC can outdo a console. See http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc-ps3-360-comparison-dragon-age/58659 for side by side comparisons of a decent gaming PC to the PS3 and XBox 360\. Just look at the texture depth that the game systems lack.

Consoles run monolithic mono-tasking operating systems, if they run any operating systems at all. On your PC you'll most likely use a monolithic and modular multi-tasking operating system, which is both bloated and slow compared to the operating systems used on consoles. If you really want to get the most out of your PC you should be running games on a mono-tasking system à la DOS instead of Microsoft Windows Seven.

@Ballie:

> Potential - PC all the way, here. Each console is manufactured the same. There's no way to give it more potential. A little hardware switching for the PC, however, and you can suddenly load programs you couldn't before. Also, emulators. No console has the ability to play the games of dozens of other consoles like the PC can. A lot of people like old game systems like the SNES, NES, N64, etc. They are all potentially available to PC users.

My Wii has several emulators for the (S)NES, N64, MS-DOS, etc. also, console hardware is actually extendible (e.g. you can mount a chip on your DVD player so you can boot up home-made DVDs). Also the PC isn't that extendible really. You can't put in DDR3 RAM if your motherboard has DDR2-slots and you can't use PCI cards if your computer is still using ISA. Yes, you can extend your PC, but there are limits.

@Ballie:

> So, that's my take. The PC is a lot more versatile and powerful than any console.

The PC is also more bugged than consoles, especially when you take a look at just the BIOS.

Regards,
  Godlord.