• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Skills:
-Photoshop
-Mapping
-Making many weapons in a good balance in a short time. (I mean the stats :P)
-Developing (look @ the last thing I posted before ;))
-Minor Scripting
-English is my favorite language :p
-I have a lot of spare time :)

~~~~~~

Hawke, have you posted a thread about ur game, than I'll take a look @ it :)

~~~~~~

Also a good idea King The Great, but let's NOT all PM you -.-
–- Who's gonna run that server?
--- Which Eclipse version you wanna use? (Stable I guess?...)

I completley agree. but there mught be one problem.

what if all of the eletes on eclipse decides to make one game and leaves all of the newbs behind?

wouldent it ruin their games as well?

also, i try to help but when i do, wther they forget, give up, or never heard from again.

Draken, however, your idea might be good, it's simply like sex, most people don't want to share it and I'm probably one of them, but I have my reasons for this as well.

Skills: fluent in generally Assembly (Intel, ARM, PCC), C, C++ and knows how to program or port from languages like Java, D and BASIC (including Visual Basic) and is able to get the grasp quickly from programming and assembler languages, gets the grasp from most scripting languages easily (but I aready know scripting languages like Javascript, VBScript (including Sadscript), ActionScript et all), can do some art, mainly hand-drawing and pixel art, although as I'm not dedicated, can't produce the greatest results on the web, knows how to deal with almost every known operating system such as Solaris, Linux, Windows, BSD, Mac OS X, etc. (Yes, that is a skill, and knowing how to work with Solaris is actually important in a server environment, however, useless for Eclipse), is able to produce music, that is, I have written my own tool for it, but I'm not a composer at all.

And now my main reason why I'd simply not join any project. Most, but not all, people I've seen actually expect from me that I actually make their whole game. They can pump in ideas and I have to make them reality, that's however not like I work or even want to work.  Therefore, I actually went to my own projects and as I actually have my own ideas on how to improve several things and as I don't have someone bitching about how he/she thinks how it should be done, I can actually take my time and do what I want to do.

@King:

> Stable, and i have no clue :P, who ever has there computer on the most??

I almost have triple 24/7, but see above.

Regards,
  Godlord.

don't be sad -gives draken a cookie- blame shaders she killed it all i say we rebel!
Anyway im developing shadows productions to help develop games with staff members and stuff but i gotta develop my own so if any1 wants a contract with shadow productions PM me :cheesy:
in about a month or so XD

I do agree somewhat, but I myself am an Indie developer until later. I like to set up a huge base before letting others help, because I like to have my MMORPG my way with my ideas, but if I let other devs help me too early than a lot of the ideas would be changed and there would be argueing. I understand what you are saying, though, but some people like to work alone.