Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse YOU make me sad

Draken

Ive been here for a while as most of you know. And for as long As Ive been around I figured there would be at least 1 eclipse game that has been a success.

Well Ive been thinking about it and I think I figured out the Issues, To many people here are wasting their talents by not helping others.

Look If we would instead of work on all our own projects and would team together and finish projects from a list, I would think games would be pumped out faster making a few Successful games with the engine which would in fact pull more Members to the forums.

Just most people dont want to work with others instead they want to work on their own game.

Im thinking if forum members with skills would team up and start throwing out a new game about every 2 months ( with about 15-20 members working 2 hours a day should be possible)

Im not saying give up on your projects

Im saying join a team help others and they help you finish your project.

IF you are trying to make money off the engine. I would say you split it evenly with the team after you make X amount. Something like after you make $100 all other profit will be split between the team. ( basically an Eclipse Gameing company)

Well this has been going threw my head so i thought ill post it and see if im the only that feels this way.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree, but there's too many games and there'll be way too much arguing, and who gets to be worked on, and people don't want to work for others for nothing, etc, etc.

It's a great idea, and if you band together a group of your friends you can finish each others games but extending it to include random people probably won't work out.

I like the idea, but people on Eclipse don't work well in a team – sadly.  Proof of this has been shown from every failed "Community project" that dies every few months.

Now, if we could maybe get an official team of members that work for Touch Of Death Productions, where their job is to pump out games, it may have a chance...

Though I say the vets get together and finally finish Tombstones and Tumbleweeds -- that'd be epicness.

yea thats why i posted here, Im thinking only people who can be trusted or can prove they can be trusted.

Also there will be rules set up

Example If we are working on Marshs game

Marsh will have final word on that project

or like we work on souls, soul will have final word on that one ect

I was thinking once we get everyone that wants in we could make a Random project picker and use it to select what game we will work on. This way no one can get mad because people would be playing Favorites

Im also saying we get it where its 70% done the other 30% will be finished by the owner. Something like the Main quest/ story line

Okay for those that want in Simple outline

(ill fill in my info as a go for example)

Game Name: Stranded

Game Description: Your boat crashes on an island where you must craft items /harvest or hunt food to survive

Source edits:
Remove Spells
Change MP bar to hunger bar - after mp is 0 start taking HP
Change Level up system
Add Leveling NPCs - after a npc kills a number player ( npc lvl X 2 ) it will level up

Graphics:
Animals
Veggie / fruit plants

Something to that effect note that's no all of the features for that game just a small write up :)

@Draken:

> I was thinking once we get everyone that wants in we could make a Random project picker and use it to select what game we will work on.

But we shouldn't be forced to work on a game we don't like. I think that voting would be better. If your worried about favorites, we could have a manager who people PM to add their game into the running, that way it's all anonymous until the project starts.

Well i say if someone works on your project its only fair to work on theirs.

Thats the kinda point of this is to help others out. and by saying NO i wont work on that project because i dont like it means who ever owns that project gets screwed out of the same help they gave out.

Also its not a community game. A community game is where you can do anything in the project, this goes by what the project leader says. Thats why youll need a good layout of your game Wrote up, youll need a list of every thing you need to do and once you post your project there will be no changing. This way if you want to add something else youll need to do it yourself.

even have a map drawn up so mappers have some type of guide to use. And A list of NPCs needed ( bear, wolf, marsh, dragon, ect)

I agree on all spots that this is a great idea, but with which game should we start than?

It would be easier if it would be just like some person sais to another:
Heey, I saw some of ur game and it looks great, I wanna help you if you help me with mine.

But in this case it won't be that easy since there are like… 50 truely dedicated people on these forums (just a wild guess), which makes me think people don't want to help coz they know/think their game won't come up as fast as others.

I do want to join & help with urs (if you have ur own game), but I will be spending most time on mine...
I do not need any profit / share if you're asking any money, it's just nice to have something to do in my spare time ;)

@Draken:

> even have a map drawn up so mappers have some type of guide to use. And A list of NPCs needed ( bear, wolf, marsh, dragon, ect)

Me and Marsh are importent enough to be mentions  ;-d

My Skills: Nothing really. Havent practiced anything. I'd help if I could but. . .