Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse YOU make me sad

Draken

@shadowchris14:

> We have scripters.Are you really ganna listen to Hawke's BS? Thats really sad cuz he has none to develop his failed game thats why he's hating . And Hawke duck off,you were the one that wasn't making it work with your stuck up attitude so don't say crap and make your stupid game because it will get no where. So you can keep hating on us because when you took over it went no where.Now when Tdog and draken did it we actually did things.Do you see the difference?Get it right.Have a good day.

I lol'd at this freak.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@shadowchris14:

> You make me laugh Robin keep sucking up to that loser.You moderators can give me all the warnings you want but im stating my reason while that **** can keep hating for no reason at all WAT SO EVER

Sucking up to who? I'm pointing out that the 'scripting' feature in Eclipse is programmed in and has of course many arbitrary boundaries and limits.

You haven't given any real argument here. You're stating that scripting is somehow as powerful as programming.

A game is all down to presentation. Scripting allows for half-arsed features running off of an outdated .ini system. You don't have any access to DirectX or the other important core systems.

The first thing someone should do when starting a new project is go through and fix up any problems then streamline the source code.

If you want to argue with completely unfounded claims and general rudeness then go back to your Primary School debate club.

@Soul:

> Programming > Scripting. The only thing about scripting that's better than programming is that you don't have to send out a new client.

Scripting can only effect server-side systems, so programming the same stuff wouldn't require a new client anyway.

@Robin:

> @Soul:
>
> > Programming > Scripting. The only thing about scripting that's better than programming is that you don't have to send out a new client.
>
> Scripting can only effect server-side systems, so programming the same stuff wouldn't require a new client anyway.

Then scripting has absolutely no use.

@Soul:

> @Robin:
>
> > @Soul:
> >
> > > Programming > Scripting. The only thing about scripting that's better than programming is that you don't have to send out a new client.
> >
> > Scripting can only effect server-side systems, so programming the same stuff wouldn't require a new client anyway.
>
> Then scripting has absolutely no use.

It has: scripts are easier to manage than having to recompile the whole thing over and over again.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@Godlord:

> @Soul:
>
> > @Robin:
> >
> > > @Soul:
> > >
> > > > Programming > Scripting. The only thing about scripting that's better than programming is that you don't have to send out a new client.
> > >
> > > Scripting can only effect server-side systems, so programming the same stuff wouldn't require a new client anyway.
> >
> > Then scripting has absolutely no use.
>
> It has: scripts are easier to manage than having to recompile the whole thing over and over again.
>
> Regards,
>   Godlord.

True, but you can't edit much with scripting compared to source.

@Soul:

> @Godlord:
>
> > @Soul:
> >
> > > @Robin:
> > >
> > > > @Soul:
> > > >
> > > > > Programming > Scripting. The only thing about scripting that's better than programming is that you don't have to send out a new client.
> > > >
> > > > Scripting can only effect server-side systems, so programming the same stuff wouldn't require a new client anyway.
> > >
> > > Then scripting has absolutely no use.
> >
> > It has: scripts are easier to manage than having to recompile the whole thing over and over again.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Godlord.
>
> True, but you can't edit much with scripting compared to source, I'll make a debate topic about it as this isn't the place to discuss it.

Scripting is good for certain things, such as quests and NPC conversations.

@Robin:

> @Soul:
>
> > @Godlord:
> >
> > > @Soul:
> > >
> > > > @Robin:
> > > >
> > > > > @Soul:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Programming > Scripting. The only thing about scripting that's better than programming is that you don't have to send out a new client.
> > > > >
> > > > > Scripting can only effect server-side systems, so programming the same stuff wouldn't require a new client anyway.
> > > >
> > > > Then scripting has absolutely no use.
> > >
> > > It has: scripts are easier to manage than having to recompile the whole thing over and over again.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >   Godlord.
> >
> > True, but you can't edit much with scripting compared to source, I'll make a debate topic about it as this isn't the place to discuss it.
>
> Scripting is good for certain things, such as quests and NPC conversations.

Can't you turn off scripts then edit everything in the scripts inside the source?

@SHADERS:

> @SHADERS:
>
> > @SHADERS:
> >
> > > the auto updater is finished. just waiting for it to be installed
> >
> > CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THIS ON TOPIC?
>
> ugh…
>
> please?

please please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please pleaseplease please please???