Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A 3D Game Engine

westin444

It's _your_ time, so my definition of what it's worth, and your definition of what it's worth, may be two completely different things.  If it's something you're willing to put hours and hours of time toward the engine (e.g. programming, learning OpenGL/DirectX, etc), go for it; I think it'd be a great benefit for the Eclipse Community, and an honer to have a 3d engine fly the Eclipse flag (crap, I'm getting tired).

EDIT: To answer your poll though, if it could import 3d models, I'd most likely use it.

I think if YOU think you can make a 3D engine that will stand up against some
of the more popular ones like Torque, you may have a chance.

But.. as Admiral said… it's your time, I don't know why you need peoples opinions
to start a project mate. If you feel you have the neccessary skills to complete
such a mammoth task, like Tiger woods, Just Do It.

Realm Crafter is really good, but I had the Demo version for a while and couldn't make it online.
I'm using vista and think that's the problem, so:
Don't buy it if you have vista… I think...
Just download that same demo, you'll see if you like it :)

@HappyBoy:

> Realm Crafter is really good, but I had the Demo version for a while and couldn't make it online.
> I'm using vista and think that's the problem, so:
> Don't buy it if you have vista… I think...
> Just download that same demo, you'll see if you like it :)

I have Realmcrafter Pro on vista and it works fine.

Demo "didn't work" for you because its supposed to be limited and only show you how mapping works etc.

if you are going to make a 3d engine i would recommend doing it in blitz 3d, i had a small team working on a project back in the day in blitz but when i lost net for that year or so the team broke apart.

If you dont mind spending more cash i would go with Realm crafter ( originally made in blitz 3d )

Most people here wont do 3d because they cant do 3d models thats 1 thing that stopped us, No one could make human models for our game.

@HappyBoy:

> Realm Crafter is really good, but I had the Demo version for a while and couldn't make it online.
> I'm using vista and think that's the problem, so:
> Don't buy it if you have vista… I think...
> Just download that same demo, you'll see if you like it :)

You really liked Realm Crafter?? wow… I would prefer to play my sega master system.. even in 8-bit glory 2D, it had better graphics imo :)

@(G2D)Devogen:

> @HappyBoy:
>
> > Realm Crafter is really good, but I had the Demo version for a while and couldn't make it online.
> > I'm using vista and think that's the problem, so:
> > Don't buy it if you have vista… I think...
> > Just download that same demo, you'll see if you like it :)
>
> You really liked Realm Crafter?? wow… I would prefer to play my sega master system.. even in 8-bit glory 2D, it had better graphics imo :)

Thats like saying you don't like eclipse because it has RPGMXP graphics when you downloaded it.

I own a copy of Realm Crafter PRO, and i can say dear god it rules. The community is nice too.