Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrMiguu:

> **@Robin** What does it mean for your computer if your FPS ends up being lower than someone else's? I'm getting 256-ish.

I find it funny that you're getting 2^8 FPS. Most people would say 250-ish but programmers would say 256-ish.

So anyway, would it be better if we lock the FPS? I mean, does it really matter if one player have a higher FPS than another? Would it effect GamePlay?

Sincerely,
Rithy

@Rithy58:

> So anyway, would it be better if we lock the FPS? I mean, does it really matter if one player have a higher FPS than another? Would it effect GamePlay?

The FPS _is_ locked. You need to manually unlock it to find your max FPS.

@Ertzel:

> Add them in on your own…. there are already tutorials on how to do it, don't expect Robin to make ur ducking game for u do some of the work on your own....

they dont work for the new version

Adding a tutorial and changing a few variables is _not_ programming.

Using Origins simply requires you to learn how to use the VB6 IDE, just like how you had to learn to use the old sadScript IDE.

We don't assume everyone is a programmer we simply assume that anyone who's going to go make an online game knows the basics of using a computer.

I would in no way call my self a programmer… but I can make full features for these engines by reading how the code works in other areas. I also have learned very little C++ years ago... but still couldnt sit down and write a program from scratch.

This is why I thank you Robin.
Thank you for the hard work.
This engine is spectacular!

Whoa, the new version is awesome. I love the sound effects. Question though. The map format was changed? I'm just wondering because when I transferred my maps from the EO Xmas Edition to 1.3.1, I got a Subscript Out of Range error. But it didn't say anything in the changelog, so I wasn't sure.