Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@ßย๔๔ђค:

> @[Pie:
>
> > ICT link=topic=57637.msg709990#msg709990 date=1289093876]
> > Hey.. guys I got this crazy idea.. how about you don't post.. unless its actually contributing something of value to this topic..
> >
> > Aka.. STFU.
>
> I happily agree. :)

Proven my point right there.. Don't post.. We know you agree, by you not posting something of absolutely no value.. again.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=57637.msg709995#msg709995 date=1289094559]
> @ßย๔๔ђค:
>
> > @[Pie:
> >
> > > ICT link=topic=57637.msg709990#msg709990 date=1289093876]
> > > Hey.. guys I got this crazy idea.. how about you don't post.. unless its actually contributing something of value to this topic..
> > >
> > > Aka.. STFU.
> >
> > I happily agree. :)
>
> Proven my point right there.. Don't post.. We know you agree, by you not posting something of absolutely no value.. again.

I wasn't aware your comment was a passing law, I thought it was a sarcastic comment. I already thought the useless posts were annoying just like you probably did. Chill out man.

@Buddha:

> @[Pie:
>
> > ICT link=topic=57637.msg709995#msg709995 date=1289094559]
> > @ßย๔๔ђค:
> >
> > > @[Pie:
> > >
> > > > ICT link=topic=57637.msg709990#msg709990 date=1289093876]
> > > > Hey.. guys I got this crazy idea.. how about you don't post.. unless its actually contributing something of value to this topic..
> > > >
> > > > Aka.. STFU.
> > >
> > > I happily agree. :)
> >
> > Proven my point right there.. Don't post.. We know you agree, by you not posting something of absolutely no value.. again.
>
> I wasn't aware your comment was a passing law, I thought it was a sarcastic comment. I already thought the useless posts were annoying just like you probably did. Chill out man.

Responding the way you just did was the worst possible choice of action.

@Robin: Did you build the auto-tiling system off of [EO] or [WN]?

@MrMiguu:

> @Buddha:
>
> > @[Pie:
> >
> > > ICT link=topic=57637.msg709995#msg709995 date=1289094559]
> > > @ßย๔๔ђค:
> > >
> > > > @[Pie:
> > > >
> > > > > ICT link=topic=57637.msg709990#msg709990 date=1289093876]
> > > > > Hey.. guys I got this crazy idea.. how about you don't post.. unless its actually contributing something of value to this topic..
> > > > >
> > > > > Aka.. STFU.
> > > >
> > > > I happily agree. :)
> > >
> > > Proven my point right there.. Don't post.. We know you agree, by you not posting something of absolutely no value.. again.
> >
> > I wasn't aware your comment was a passing law, I thought it was a sarcastic comment. I already thought the useless posts were annoying just like you probably did. Chill out man.
>
> Responding the way you just did was the worst possible choice of action.
>
> @Robin: Did you build the auto-tiling system off of [EO] or [WN]?

Am I supposed to be afraid or something? lol… I honestly thought he was being sarcastic like I was. :-P

Buddha, shut up and get the fuck out of my topic.

MrMiguu, autotiling is a self-contained rendering routine. It'll work in anything. You really need to stop using those tags all the time, as well. When I told people to tag their topics, I meant to post it in their topic title so I could easily find topics about Origins. Just call them Origins and WN or Wind's Nocturne.

@Robin:

> Buddha, shut up and get the fuck out of my topic.
>
> MrMiguu, autotiling is a self-contained rendering routine. It'll work in anything. You really need to stop using those tags all the time, as well. When I told people to tag their topics, I meant to post it in their topic title so I could easily find topics about Origins. Just call them Origins and WN or Wind's Nocturne.

Oh, sorry. I just thought them catchy!

Do you use the priority system where certain tiles overlap others? I read up a bit on how it works. Are you using the RMVX or RMXP auto-tile system (I'm not sure if that's right but I know one engine uses a different setup than the others)?

The version I use is used in RM2K, RM2K3 and RMXP. RMVX uses some weird system where everything is autotiled.

It's simple a single-layer of autotiles (although it's easily changed to be usable on all layers) where you place a single tile type and it'll morph itself depending on the surrounding tiles.

@Robin:

> The version I use is used in RM2K, RM2K3 and RMXP. RMVX uses some weird system where everything is autotiled.
>
> It's simple a single-layer of autotiles (although it's easily changed to be usable on all layers) where you place a single tile type and it'll morph itself depending on the surrounding tiles.

Yeah basically, every time you lay down an autotile you re-calculate all autotiles on the map and then save them to the tile rec so you don't do expensive calculations every frame. (What the heck does "rec" mean anyway?)

Also Robin, how did you code your AutoTiles? I'm curious how different our methods are, mines a bit weird but.. oddly effective.

@Tylian!:

> What the heck does "rec" mean anyway?

rectangle -> rect -> rec.

@Tylian!:

> Also Robin, how did you code your AutoTiles? I'm curious how different our methods are, mines a bit weird but.. oddly effective.

At the moment it's just a separate rendering routine. In my dx8 version I cache the positioning, however, and allow autotiles to be placed on any layer.

@Robin:

> @Tylian!:
>
> > What the heck does "rec" mean anyway?
>
> rectangle -> rect -> rec.

I mean in the data types. TileRec, PlayerRec. etc.

@Robin:

> @Tylian!:
>
> > Also Robin, how did you code your AutoTiles? I'm curious how different our methods are, mines a bit weird but.. oddly effective.
>
> At the moment it's just a separate rendering routine. In my dx8 version I cache the positioning, however, and allow autotiles to be placed on any layer.

Ah, I got lazy and used a lookup for mine (and cached it), but it does work on all layers. xD

@Tylian!:

> I mean in the data types. TileRec, PlayerRec. etc.

Probably just Consty misusing the term. It's in all of his early work, including the original 1999 Mirage predecessor he sent me.

It just kind of stuck, as you can't have conflicting names. You could just change them to PlayerUDT and TileUDT if you wanted.

@Robin:

> @Tylian!:
>
> > I mean in the data types. TileRec, PlayerRec. etc.
>
> Probably just Consty misusing the term. It's in all of his early work, including the original 1999 Mirage predecessor he sent me.
>
> It just kind of stuck, as you can't have conflicting names. You could just change them to PlayerUDT and TileUDT if you wanted.

Oh, haha.

The name is kinda stuck with me too, so I think I'll keep it. xD

I'm busy working on it. I'll release it when it's done.

I've said it before, but I'm concentrating on making it the most stable version around at the moment.

* Adding conditional error handlers to every single procedure in the sources.* Going through every single procedure which passes data through and doing all sorts of checks on those to avoid them trying to process garbage data.* Going through every single packet and adding array size checks to avoid malicious or accidental errors occurring from empty packets.* Adding proper checks to all editor controls to avoid errors occurring from accidentally or ignorant data input.