Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There, fixed your little stun bug.. :)

In Function CanNpcAttackPlayer you never checked whether the NPC was stunned or not.. simply allowing him to attack anyways regardless of stunstatus and direction when the player would stand next to the NPC in question.. Here's a minor fix that works which I made up real quick, I'm sure you can make a more in-depth fix but it's 10am, I'm tired and I honestly can't be bothered writing up a proper fix.

So in Function CanNpcAttackPlayer under
```
' Check for subscript out of range
    If MapNpcNum <= 0 Or MapNpcNum > MAX_MAP_NPCS Or Not IsPlaying(Index) Then
        Exit Function
    End If

' Check for subscript out of range
    If MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Npc(MapNpcNum).Num <= 0 Then
        Exit Function
    End If
```
Add the following, and it works like stuns work in every game. :) (disabling the NPC completely, rather then just making it unable to move)
```
'Check if the NPC isn't stunned.
    If MapNpc(GetPlayerMap(Index)).Npc(MapNpcNum).StunDuration > 0 Then
        CanNpcAttackPlayer = False
        Exit Function
    End If
```
If you want me to post this in the tutorials forum, sorry.. But it seemed more relevant to add a bugfix in here then there.

@Mun:

> Is this engine ever going to have Playerhousing as a feature? Because this engine has EVERYTHING I want except Playerhousing xD.

Why don't you add it yourself? It's a open based source, you can't expect Robin to add everything for you.

@Robin:

> @Harris:
>
> > If EO had .png support it would decrease file size loads.
>
> Just compress your bitmap files.
>
> DD7 doesn't support PNG images without creating some sort of horrible PNG to BMP to DDS converter. (I think Stable has one of these atrocities)
>
> Seen as though Origins is always unloading/loading graphics you don't want to add any unneeded loading time to the surface creation.
>
> As for the mp3 issue, as I'm the one distributing the software with mp3 playing capabilities, I'm the one who'd have to pay the license.
>
> You can fuck right off if you expect me to do that. xD

Jesus! I forgot to check the topic for 2 days and I missed 50 years worth of information.
Anyway,
No to MP3 is probably the best choice.
Compress BMP? Can you explain how to do that? I never knew it was possible.

Sincerely,
Rithy

PS : I did read the rest of the thread but there isn't any information about Graphic Compression(there was something about Encryption that I think is a good idea. It would go along with the Compression).

@Skyes:

> link=topic=57637.msg646644#msg646644 date=1276044321]
> Does this not have a quest system?

No Quest System In This Yet.

The only quest system I seen and I liked is vbGORE and Mirage Realms. But they're pretty repetitive.
So unless we(Robin) can figure out how to do a quest system that can really make each quest unique, Quest should be hard-coded.

Sincerely,
Rithy

PS: For anyone that about to suggest script engine for the quest, trust me. You don't want Robin to lecture you how bad the scripting system we currently have is.

Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

@Mun:

> @Robin:
>
> > No.
>
> Is this engine ever going to have Playerhousing as a feature? Because this engine has EVERYTHING I want except Playerhousing xD.

Eventually. I'm not going to bugger around with such a specific feature when we still don't have a working combat system though.

@Rithy58:

> Compress BMP? Can you explain how to do that? I never knew it was possible.

You could always steal MR's compression procedures if you wanted.

@Skyes:

> link=topic=57637.msg646644#msg646644 date=1276044321]
> Does this not have a quest system?

Not yet. I can't add it in till I've sorted it out in my head first.

@Skyes:

> link=topic=57637.msg646650#msg646650 date=1276044597]
> I've been messing around with it, but it seems there's no Main.txt? how am I supposed to add anything without a main.txt?

Open up the source code and edit it.

@Skyes:

> link=topic=57637.msg646656#msg646656 date=1276045005]
> x_x
>
> *Sigh* okay.

Depending on the scripting engine is just pure laziness. I'm not even going to bother listing all the things wrong with it.

@cam13619:

> Em, quick question: How do you open up the spell page in the client?

Click the 'skills' button.

@qwertybobo:

> Btw I am just wondering what are all of the commands you have in origins?
> like:
> Call playermsg
> Getplayermap(myindex)
> Ect.
>
> Thanks for all help :3

You want me to list every procedure? :\

The source is right there. Look through it and you have a list of every procedure.

@YamYam:

> I think Robin's going to have a mental breakdown from all the idiot questions he gets soon. ;D

I usually drink plenty of alcohol or smoke plenty of weed before I come on.

When it comes down to it I'm just making this for the people who understood the problems with the other versions of Eclipse. The source code was originally for my WN game and I had so many people asking for the source code I just decided to release it as an engine.