• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

@DshWinchester:

> but I dont yet understand these status
> Willdpower(will) and spirit(spr) do nothing >.>

Yes they do, if you even bothered to test them you could of figured it out.
I tested it not so long ago, and found out Will helps recovering the Mp faster and Spr adds the Speed of your character. I tested it with V1.0.2, but I don't think it changed with V1.0.3\.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey robin, this is godly, the only thing ever keepin me from gettin serious with this system was sprite sizes, i coudlnt handle such tiny sprites XD im just like that, after playin odin sphere i never wanted tiny sprites,and thanks to your demi god like coding i can play with big sprites :D thanks a ton, im really looking forward to the future of this project,thanks a bunch, jus lemme know if anyone be hatin on your engine here, im a ninja for hire! 10$ for an assassination! special deal.

XD

How to change frmMainGame width?

Ok I known. It's there:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    picAdmin.Left = 10
    picDrop.Left = txtMyChat.Left
    picDrop.Top = txtMyChat.Top
    Me.width = 10545
End Sub

Updated the first post.

It had far too much information and was hard to read. Also, people weren't seeing the important bits.

Removed a large portion of the stuff on there. The change log can still be found in each download of Origins. I'll update the feature list with screenshots as and when I get time.

Also, added some nice little screenshots as the full-size ones were simply a waste of space.

As part of the EC team, which uses Origins, I must say that I'm really loving it thus far. It's by far the most stable release of Eclipse, and very fast. In fact, Kreator and I have complained about maps loading _too_ fast at times. The editors are clean and simple, and most anything can be edited from inside the game. The days of the server host being the only one to be able to set important things like map sizes are over.

The dynamic-ness of EO is great. Sprites are individually sized. Maps are individually sized. Paperdoll is individually sized. Spells are individually sized. There's very little holding you to one certain format. On top of this, the source code is very neat, and making edits is much simpler than in past versions, due to the lessened clutter of buggy systems and half-made features. Origins is optimized and streamlined and once enough people start making edits, there's no doubt that Origins will be the engine to use.

i totally agree with Ballie, this is by far the best engine out there.

Guess its time to take down Stable :p

no need to keep a redundant old engine around when something better is here :)

just hope its like… done soon, think im moving my game over.

Damian666

@Robin:

> Updated the first post.
>
> It had far too much information and was hard to read. Also, people weren't seeing the important bits.
>
> Removed a large portion of the stuff on there. The change log can still be found in each download of Origins. I'll update the feature list with screenshots as and when I get time.
>
> Also, added some nice little screenshots as the full-size ones were simply a waste of space.

Have you by chance fixed the NPC spawning bug Kreator pointed out? Other than that everything looks great. EO will no doubt take over as the best engine to use.

@[SB:

> Damian666 link=topic=57637.msg641218#msg641218 date=1274823324]
> I totally agree with Ballie, this is by far the best engine out there.
>
> Guess its time to take down Stable :p
>
> no need to keep a redundant old engine around when something better is here :)
>
> just hope its like… done soon, think im moving my game over.
>
> Damian666

You can't take down stable. Eclipse needs an Engine that uses scripting and isn't as buggy as EE. Stable and Origins are two different Engines, one isn't better than the other.

Since there is no scripting language in EO (not a great vb6 programmer to add one in), how would you suggest a team go about building and editing the source? Once person compiles and everyone just submit code to them to add into the source or is there a better way?

true, its the same fucking language xD

but it is just easyer for some, i dont know why, i do know for myself, i like the ease of opening the ingame script editor, fixing some stuff and reload the script.

guess im just a lazy bastard xD

Damian666

@crzyone9584:

> I never new sadscript was that close to vb6\. Thats really good know. I might end up switching to EO. I like the features a lot more than ES.

Sadscript is just a name for the wrapper someone created for the Microsoft script control a few years ago.

The scripts you write are VB6, just within a restricted environment and without all the stuff that make VB6 good. xD

@Robin:

> If you can script, you can program.
>
> Simply copy & paste a script into VB6 and it'll work. >_>

I am no programmer but I don't think it is exactly that easy. I could always be wrong though. Like I said, I am no programmer.

@Zetasis:

> @Robin:
>
> > If you can script, you can program.
> >
> > Simply copy & paste a script into VB6 and it'll work. >_>
>
> I am no programmer but I don't think it is exactly that easy. I could always be wrong though. Like I said, I am no programmer.

Of course it's that easy. I wouldn't say it otherwise.

Thats great to know. Then i guess its time to sit down and look into where all the things are that went from scripts into just the pure ownage EO. So i know where to put the things that had a specific script it went into. Shouldn't be hard as long as everything is commented in the source.

I agree damian, scripts are a tad easier for your able to reload the scripts and everything works. You have to push out updates with the source code being edited. Which is fine. I'll just make my updater work in the back round and haave it update the files as the players play unless the exe needs to be replaced.

@[SB:

> Damian666 link=topic=57637.msg641247#msg641247 date=1274825126]anyway, a bit offtopic

Eh, to a point. I'm just explaining why EO doesn't have a scripting engine.

As I see it, a system which lowers the server speed by 800% just so people can be lazy with their programming is _not_ something I want in my engine.

If you're too lazy to learn to use an engine properly, you're too lazy to make a game.

The only possibly legitimate use a scripting engine would have in Origins would be some sort of system where each event is unique. A quest system, for example.