Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Origins v2 Beta

Robin

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. /admin gave me a list. All the ones I tested worked.

EDIT: Solved the F1 issue… I have a stupid F-Lock button so I can use special functions on this new keyboard... didnt notice it before.

Tested the Sprite issue and confirmed it happening again.
I can /setsprite 10 and get Sprite 10
But if i pick what looks like 10 and should be 10 according to class.ini
I have 8,9,&10 as usable sprites for this race so i changed 8 to 1 and tried again.

I then saved a new set and picked 11 and ended up with Sprite 2... ill keep testing

what? no no no…
The F1 deal is solved. let's forget about that.

But this is what I have found so far with Sprites.
Male Sprites for Race 1 are 1,2,3,4
When you first load the char menu you start on the second option.
The resulting sprite will always be the one you selected -1 unless you are at 1, in which you get 1.

In the map editor, if you choose a group of tiles, the variables "EditorTileWidth" and "EditorTileHeight" do not change when switching to single tiles _after losing focus on the map editor_. For instance, when switching layers, or switching tilesets, if you had a group of tiles selected, the variables for the width and height do not clear when selecting the next tile, unless, of course, your next tile is also a group. Simply adding this to MapEditorChooseTile does not seem to have any adverse effects, from what I gather, but fixes this slight bug:

```
        EditorTileWidth = 1
        EditorTileHeight = 1
```
Not sure if that will interfere with plans for the map editor, but from what I've run through with the logic behind it, it doesn't seem like it's too big a deal. Honestly, this is an issue of VB6 not firing the "MouseMove" routine when regaining focus, it appears, so it doesn't seem like there's much to do about it. *shrug*

Just my two cents, not that you need it. ;D

If you need me to recreate this, I can, with a video cap or screenshots.

I think I may have found another bug. When I try and set two item spawn attributes down with different items it gives me RTE 9\. I'm not sure if it is meant to only load one item per map or not but I thought I would report it anyways.

*Note: Two separate tiles of course.*

@Zetasis:

> I think I may have found another bug. When I try and set two item spawn attributes down with different items it gives me RTE 9\. I'm not sure if it is meant to only load one item per map or not but I thought I would report it anyways.
>
> *Note: Two separate tiles of course.*

Could you be a bit more specific? Is the RTE 9 in the server or the client? And what items are you using?

In testing this out, I didn't get any RTEs, and it seemed to work just fine.

The RTE was server side but upon trying it again everything went fine. I'm not sure how I got RTE 9 but it happen when switching from Item 1 to Item 2\. I guess it is not an issue now seeing how I can't recreate it no matter how many items I put down. Sorry for the false bug report.

@Irhymer:

> PS: you arent supposed to post bugs in this topic I dont think.

I stopped trying to enforce this thread's rules a long time ago. xD

Ended up just deleting that part of the post.

As for all the bug reports, I'll get around to fixing them soon. I'm in the last couple of weeks of college now so I really need to… well, actually turn up and find someone else's work to steal.

I still haven't turned up for a single Thursday since Christmas. I should introduce myself to my teacher.

@Robin:

> No. You can easily do that yourself.

Um how?
The only game ive seen do anything like this is pokemon cyrus, and even that didnt stretch the gui.
I had a programmer try to figure it out, and they couldn't get it

robin.. can you help me? i want change menu to right -> but.. if i open admin panel.. its on the left

![](http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7718/sdsc.png)

@Ballie:

> @Vallander15:
>
> > robin.. can you help me? I want change menu to right -> but.. if I open admin panel.. its on the left
>
> ```
> picAdmin.Left = 10
>
> ```
> Couldn't you just set the "10" to another number to move it? I am only asking because I don't like to delete code with out knowing ALL the possible consequences.
>
> This bit of code moves the admin menu to the far left. Remove it.

The only reason that code is there, though this is purely a guess, is because having the picAdmin box on the left would cover up the rest of the menus. To make for easier editing, the box is stored to the right of the form, then moved to the left at runtime. Since it's already on the right side, it's just a matter of getting rid of the bit that forces it to go left. If it's already there, no reason to move it again at runtime. However, if you wanted it out of the way, you could move it _further_ to the right, then have it shift to the right side of the main screen at runtime. It's a choice.

:)

And sorry Robin, if this annoys you or something. I know it's your thread and such, so the questions are intended for you, but I figured if I just help out a bit, it means you have to spend less time on questions that a lot of people could answer, and more on coding. ;D

@Ballie:

> The only reason that code is there, though this is purely a guess, is because having the picAdmin box on the left would cover up the rest of the menus. To make for easier editing, the box is stored to the right of the form, then moved to the left at runtime.

Exactly!