Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MMORPG's

Killer123

Hello, i have a question/ survey almost.
  What is a good 3D Mmorpg, i would prefer it like WoW ( World of Warcraft ) and it has to be free ( not Cabal because i tried it and it sucks.
  OR you can list a good 3D Mmorpg Maker.

Best one that I can think of that is free to play would be Anarchy Online.  Its a sci-fi based game and it does have a pay version of it.  Basically if you play the base version its free, but if you want access to the expansions you have to pay per month.  Its in my opinion a nice RPG and there are really a lot of players.

I'm a pretty big fan of Dungeons and Dragons Online. It's not at all like WoW, but I feel that's a good thing, because it's got a pretty unique take on the MMO. It's very atmospheric and because of its design, it takes out a lot of the grind (except in getting the high-level items at endgame). It's F2P, with options to subscribe for more content, although you can buy individual adventures with in-game cash. It is possible to unlock everything in the game without paying a cent of real money, plus you only pay for the content you want. Give it a shot.

;D

@Good:

> Blows like a $2 whore

If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, do not post.

I don't really think Runescape would fit what he's looking for, since he's probably looking for a more combat-oriented game (hence the reference to WoW), rather than an economy-oriented one like Runescape.

@Ballie:

> @Good:
>
> > Blows like a $2 whore
>
> If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, do not post.
>
> I don't really think Runescape would fit what he's looking for, since he's probably looking for a more combat-oriented game (hence the reference to WoW), rather than an economy-oriented one like Runescape.

Excuse me this is chit chat…. I didn't know I had to contribute why don't you take your E-Penis and blow it out your ass?

@Good:

> @Ballie:
>
> > @Good:
> >
> > > Blows like a $2 whore
> >
> > If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, do not post.
> >
> > I don't really think Runescape would fit what he's looking for, since he's probably looking for a more combat-oriented game (hence the reference to WoW), rather than an economy-oriented one like Runescape.
>
> Excuse me this is chit chat…. I didn't know I had to contribute why don't you take your E-package and blow it out your arse?

1\. Chit chat does not mean Spam Chat
2\. warned for flaming

@Good:

> Excuse me this is chit chat…. I didn't know I had to contribute why don't you take your E-package and blow it out your arse?

I am a moderator. You broke a rule. I _warned_ you for it, not punished you. It's not a big deal. The fact that you didn't know should now be rectified since I gave you a warning to let you know it was against the rules. See http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,59413.0.html and http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,12941.0.html.

@renzozuken2002:

> @Good:
>
> > @Ballie:
> >
> > > @Good:
> > >
> > > > Blows like a $2 whore
> > >
> > > If you have nothing to contribute to the topic, do not post.
> > >
> > > I don't really think Runescape would fit what he's looking for, since he's probably looking for a more combat-oriented game (hence the reference to WoW), rather than an economy-oriented one like Runescape.
> >
> > Excuse me this is chit chat…. I didn't know I had to contribute why don't you take your E-package and blow it out your arse?
>
> 1\. Chit chat does not mean Spam Chat
> 2\. warned for flaming

You could have fooled me with all of the other useless posts in chit chat. You must feel like a man sitting behind your computer screen waving your E-Penis right now but in real life your a tiny ass nerdy faggot that has no friends, is never going to get laid, and could get his ass kicked by a 1st grader.

Back in the day, I played some heavy-combat games called Knight Online and Silkroad. Inflation has pretty much killed those games' economies, although they are still pretty fun with lots of abilities and such for more "active" combat, like WoW.

I remember playing Knight Online! It was waaaay back on a computer which could barely run it. Textures didn't load properly so the terrain was just white. xD

It really kicked off after a while. When I played it I was lucky to see another person around.

I'd have to go with DDO as well. Great game, really.

Although I actually play WoW. It's a casual game I play when I've got some spare time, it's fun and simple, so I have no issues paying a membership for it.

I hope I didn't just pour the fuel for a WoW-flame thread.

@Good:

> @Robin:
>
> > Ruuunescape.
>
> Blows like a $2 whore

How does runescape blow?  Maybe you think so, but it's a pretty damn successful game, even if it wasn't as  successful, it's still more successful than any game you've created, so don't judge it, unless you can provide details to back it up.

Anyways, on-topic.

b0bbus has a decent point, Silkroad Online is an amazing MMO.  It is very combat-oriented, which is amazing, you don't do everything based on quests.  I like it like that! (why I liked endless online - you have to fight fight fight fight fight.  RuneScape is similar, you don't gain levels by doing quests, you gain levels by increasing skills, by fighting, or doing whatever skill you must)

But, as far as I remember, you could level up through pure fighting, not NEEDING to do quests.  Every other game I've played(such as MapleStory), you need to quest to level fast.

• 4 weeks later...
Allods online is Very good, plays a TON like WoW, and has amazing ship battling.
Battle of the immortals is another amazing game, with great pvp, but the quest helper stops it from having story depth.
Runes of magic is pretty much the best wow clone out there, along side allods.
Aika, is a really fun game with an interesting "daughter" system. great graphics. id reccomend this game.
Atlantica is a fun turnbased mmo. it reminded me of a final fantasy game, but in mmo form
dungeons and dragons is a very good game with a cool battle system. definately worth playing

what do you mean lore? and, assuming that we are comparing it to this, how much did WoW have? i never played wow very much because private servers were a hassle to re download when i accidentally deleted it, so i dont know much about it.

WoW has quite a bit, but it's so annoyingly done. Most of the game's "lore" consists of answering yes or no to a quest description on a scroll. Mind you, there's like 10,000 quests, so there's a ton of scrolls, but meh. Some questlines are quite nice and have excellent backstory, but that backstory requires a lot of outside sources.

For instance, the first dungeon most Alliance players will run doesn't seem too spectacular, but if you played all the way from Warcraft I, the turn of events will be somewhat familiar. They don't go over that in the game, however. *shrug*