magezhilo

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> @Stephan:
>
> > I've got a six-pack by nature, but I'm not showing and presenting it like a Roman statue. For me appearance or strength has hardly anything to do with being a real man, it's rationality and intelligence that make a man. Emotions and empathy are the things that make you a woman. Although I agree with Aero that strength is important in case you have to defend yourself, but in most cases intelligence and rationality are the things having to fight or not depends on.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Stephan.
>
> +100 manly pts for Epic Commenting.

MrMiguu did you not say this was a bad thread based on the assumption that getting your chest out was childish. Something like :

"So you guys consider having fun as showing a picture of your stomach? I don't know what the duck I've been smoking but that sounds pretty lame if you ask me. I see this topic has gone towards all of the insecure nerds here trying to justify their manhood by stating things that have happened to them in the past that would classify them as "tough." I see asshoels all the time on MySpace that make their main picture a picture of their "abs" and try to "get chicks." I also noticed you updated your little profile info thing to read: "I'm 15… ladies ;-)"

Is it not just as lame to agree with someone who believes that 'having emotions and empathy - the ability to understand anothers emotions the properties of a woman' to be just as lame. I just do not comprehend how you shun one stereotype those who show their bodies are insecure nerds and yet you enforce a stereotype that is very much likely the reason we have such over rated machoism because other people like you will label them as women.

We were given a Body and those who train it are rewarded with increased strength and ability - our entire existence has relied upon that fact who cares about people showing it off unless you in someway feel insecure why would such an act bother you? I mean really you come into the thread, read and you could have left surely?

Ive first hand seen that Intellect can only take you so far, cos I would love to see someone talk themselves out of being Mugged. Rationality, Intelligence, Emotions, Empathy these are all properties of being Human nothing to do with Gender based stigma.

To make an on-topic comment - if you have to ask if something makes you a man - then therein lies the answer.

@silentdemonic:

> Ive first hand seen that Intellect can only take you so far, cos I would love to see someone talk themselves out of being Mugged. Rationality, Intelligence, Emotions, Empathy these are all properties of being Human nothing to do with Gender based stigma.

I've yet to see a girl who seems to possess, or better yet possesses: logic, complex puzzle solving skills, 3D-perspective, etc. Also, men aren't supposed to be emotional or show empathy. Men basically shouldn't give a hoot when a girl cries, since she's usually faking it or because she wants attention (a.k.a. attention whore). It's not called a macho-culture, it's what life has been since the homo sapiens became to exist. Men were made for hunting animals and protecting the group. Women were made for breeding, gathering fruits, cooking, etc.

Regards,
  Stephan.

@ slient: Very defensive much? I thought Goddie's comment was the best here. It's easy to lift weights and gain muscle (hell, some of you guys gain it naturally). The real effort comes from intelligence. Notice how all sports players must retire early? Hmm… wonder why that is. Oh- That's right! Muscle breaks down as you age. You can, though, keep your mind healthy your entire life.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> You can, though, keep your mind healthy your entire life.

Alzheimers! ;D

But seriously Miggu I can see where you're coming from with that. But, honestly, you can be the smartest man alive and still be helpless in certain situations that would involve muscles and toughness. I think to be a real man you have to have both.

You actually gain Alzheimers from not using your brain enough at a younger age (which is why more athletes and stupid people get it when they become older). Stephen Hawking doesn't have Alzheimers, now, does he? It's only obvious that you would need muscle in certain situations, but you can avoid these situations with:
A) a gun
B) out-smarting the opponent
C) running away (fight or **flight**)

MrMiguu have you ever been in a situation of being Mugged? I dont think you have because the options of
A ) Use a Gun lands you in prison
B ) Telling someone "Oh I think you should think about the consequences of your actions how about you Rob that person over there, heck Ill help you and it is much easier" is not going to persuade someone who is Mugging you because they WANT your cash.
C ) Running away, based on your logic, those same muscles you use for running wont be as developed as the Dumb Mugger who has resorted to Muscle use rather than Intelligent Debate and thus you are not going to run very far.

Real life solution tried and tested - Punch the sob in the eye and elbow to the nose THEN leg it.

@Stephan what if its your own girl - rape isnt really an option if you refuse to show empathy when she having a sh1t day xD.

@Gwen - I have tried to wear pink and it just darn fails on me -_- I did try Pink Timbs once though but it just wasnt working :(

Also I normally have respect for peoples opinions but you sir - are an idiot. Alzheimers has nothing to do with not using your brain enough, they havent even 100% confirmed what does. Its a build up of protein that inteferes with the nerves within the Brain and even that isnt a sure fire thing its just something noticed in those who suffered with it. Exercising and staying fit prevents you from getting illnesses its vital to your bodies development and given the priority of Organs I would say the heart comes in as numero uno.
Easy to lift weights and gain muscle? What ARE you smoking? Yes exercise benefits some people more than others but that is usually down to good genes or their training regime is effective to their body type.
E.g me being a hard gainer makes it hard for me to put on muscle or fat so I train 25% cardio 75% weights, nothing easy about it :-\.
Sports Players retire early for the same reason Teachers stop teaching, after a while doing a certain Job you no longer feel the rush or need to do it or ability to do it. Goal Keepers for example stop around the Age of 40's, retirement age is around 65, most start around the age of 15 making that a 25 year career with their wage amount would YOU work any longer than that?

I think you seriously underestimate the work involved in training your body and that it in itself is a science of truly understanding yourself and its limits which is a form of intelligence in itself.

You need both to fully function but some of your assumptions are the LAST thing I would expect to see leave your mouth.
[/rant]

Noteable College Grads:
Harvard:
Jeff Musselman
Eddie Grant
Tony Lupien

Yale:
Craig Breslow
Ron Darling
Bill Hutchinson

Brown:
Bill Almon
Charlie Bassett
Tommy Dowd
Fred Tenney
Bump Hadley

Columbia:
Lou Gehrig
Gene Larkin

Dartmouth:
Mike Remlinger
Red Rolfe

Princeton:
Chris Young
Ross Ohlendorf

chris capuano of the brewers… valedictorian of his HS class and duke university grad in economics

@uıןɐpuǝʍb:

> Noteable College Grads:
> Harvard:
> Jeff Musselman
> Eddie Grant
> Tony Lupien
>
> Yale:
> Craig Breslow
> Ron Darling
> Bill Hutchinson
>
> Brown:
> Bill Almon
> Charlie Bassett
> Tommy Dowd
> Fred Tenney
> Bump Hadley
>
> Columbia:
> Lou Gehrig
> Gene Larkin
>
> Dartmouth:
> Mike Remlinger
> Red Rolfe
>
> Princeton:
> Chris Young
> Ross Ohlendorf
>
> chris capuano of the brewers… valedictorian of his HS class and duke university grad in economics

You don't have to be smart to graduate college.

@MrMiguuâ„¢:

> @ silent: You're taking this way too seriously. Calm down. It's forum for crying out loud.

In all fairness Miguu, you did start this. You were one of the first people here to take this too seriously. If you stop posting arguments than he will too I'm sure  :rolleyes:

@silentdemonic:

> @Stephan what if its your own girl - rape isnt really an option if you refuse to show empathy when she having a sh1t day xD.

I simply leave her alone for that day. I'm not someone who is actually bound to a girl if he's in a relationship. I see a relationship as a relationship, not as a chain you're bound to.

Regards,
  Stephan.

Sure you should have at least some muscles to stay healthy, you also have to be smart and all. But its the internet and your pic could be of Google. And you could just be a 50 year old fat guy that is looking for girls. So we will never know.
Also, rule 30.

Viciousdead you should try altering regime.
Instead of doing
51 push ups
67 pull ups
95 squats
try the following:
3 sets of 20 push ups with a 30 sec break in between each set
3 sets of 30 pull ups with a 30 sec break in between each set
3 sets of 40 squats with a 30 sec break in between each set.

Once you can do that without the last 5 of the last set causing you any problems for 3 sessions running, up the amount by 10, still doing 3 sets and the same rest period. That will build Endurance and Tonage. Oh and in terms of order, do Squats, Push ups then Pull ups.

Apologies if you werent actually seeking or appreciate advice.

@silentdemonic:

> Viciousdead you should try altering regime.
> Instead of doing
> 51 push ups
> 67 pull ups
> 95 squats
> try the following:
> 3 sets of 20 push ups with a 30 sec break in between each set
> 3 sets of 30 pull ups with a 30 sec break in between each set
> 3 sets of 40 squats with a 30 sec break in between each set.
>
> Once you can do that without the last 5 of the last set causing you any problems for 3 sessions running, up the amount by 10, still doing 3 sets and the same rest period. That will build Endurance and Tonage. Oh and in terms of order, do Squats, Push ups then Pull ups.
>
> Apologies if you werent actually seeking or appreciate advice.

Well, dude it's always nice to get advice.
Anyways, I use "about" because I might be feeling great one day, and go further than the previous day, but I usually don't care if I get more muscle, just long as I stay healthy. :P

@Jna:

> But its the internet and your pic could be of Google.

Eh, if you really want proof I have a video of the room I'm in. Or I could just post a different video proving to you its not just an image from google, but I suppose I shouldn't have to prove anything to you. Seeing as I know I'm not 50, or fat.

@Jna:

> And you could just be a 50 year old fat guy that is looking for girls

I'm definitely not a 50 year old fat guy. And I'm not so desperate as to go to the internet to find women, Ill stick to real life.