• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favor The Gods

Mikekan13

```
Release...DX8...eclipse....please... 0_0
```

I am not really an engine maker. Currently my source isn't an engine anymore. Editors are stripped away and everything is completely different. Not to mention I hardly ever comment my code so it would be like mush to anyone. It really is not that hard to convert to dX8\. I was scarred at first but it was honestly not too bad. Making my game world endlessly scrollable will probably be harder than it was to convert over to D3D. Just do what I did. Take a couple days to learn dx8\.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jeff:

> alright.  I might learn DX8 but I'm thinking I should first learn more VB6.  I haven't worked with eclipse yet and I dont really know where to star lol.

A dx8 conversion requires more knowledge of Origins than it does of dx8.

Personally it now takes me under 30 minutes to do a basic conversion from dd7 to d3d8\. Once you've done it once, it gets a lot easier, and you can then spend your time developing your dx8 class.

Yep it really is that easy. I probably even spent too much time with trying to learn the ins and outs of dX8\.

Edit: Check out [http://favorthegods.com/](http://favorthegods.com/) for a real dirty promo we slapped together. It isn't much but it has some sweet custom music written by Eli (The other half of this development team)

Hey Mike, I was just reading the Kick start website and noticed one thing. "Play Time", so does this mean you guys are going for a subscription based model when the game is released? I would've liked it to be F2P with a non-interfering cash shop or something like that.  :sad:

I'll probably shoot over $10 or something, I'll see if I can do it over the kickstart website or I can just send it over to you VIA PayPal.

Also sorry for the inactivity and non-communication. I've been really busy with university these few weeks, just getting the hang of it and what not. I can still work on the forum if you'd like, or if you have found someone else it doesn't matter to me; I understand  :azn:

Yeah just mainly wondering about this "Play Time" concept.

@Mikekan13:

> ;D I will make sure to have a correct english version wherein the only thing I change is Favor to Favour. Oh and french fries will be chips.
>
> Serious note:  I updated the thread. we are converting over to pixel perfect movement and an isometric 3/4 angle.

fixed ;D

> Hey Mike, I was just reading the Kick start website and noticed one thing. "Play Time", so does this mean you guys are going for a subscription based model when the game is released? I would've liked it to be F2P with a non-interfering cash shop or something like that.

Yes me and Eli discussed it at lengths. The game will be 5 dollars a month after beta. Neither of us like the fact that people can pay for extra stuff in game. Even if it is just cosmetic-we really wanted all players to have an equal playing experience. I enjoy f2p as well but I intend big things for this game and unfortunately we can not afford a completely free experience and still retain our goal for this game. I know this will limit our audience, but at the same time we are striving for a more serious and mature player base anyways. The five dollars is not set in stone and things can always change. Right now we are concerned mostly in raising funds for a few servers and some new development computers. ( I am currently working on a 8 year old dell that is ready to die). I think 5 dollars is a reasonable price for the features that will be present in the final game and there will even be cheaper packages if you buy on for more than one month.

As for the forums: don't worry about it. Like I said we are more concerned with finalizing the visuals of the game and raising money/awareness. we have been up on kickstarter for a few days now, and due to our lack of "social linking skills", have not done so well.  I am trying to throw something together to show off some video but in retrospect we probably started the kickstarter page too early. Me and Eli have our own personal deadlines that forced us start looking for funding earlier instead of later. Even if we don't meet our Kickstarter goal this game will still happen, just on a way smaller and slower form. I hope it won't come to that and if you do decide to pledge then you will make the two of us more happy than you can believe. If you can't pledge then simply putting a link on your facebook/myspace or webpage would be even greater. Shoot me a line at [email protected] if you are sharing our link with others and we will gladly come up with some incentives for you. (Free account when game starts, mention in game, ect)

Thanks for your interest!

@Jeff:

> The 5$ a month is upsetting, but if it will make the game better, it might be worth it.  Are you making much progress with the isometric design?

I am having some difficulty with the scrolling right now. I am not sure if it is because of the isometric view though. Might be something I did earlier with the dx8 conversion. Really the big one is the pixel movement. Changing movement to be based on simple physics. Also I have to completely change the way maps are handled as the game world will be essentially 3d but displayed in 2d. Lots of stuff to do :icon_crap:  I can't wait to get the conversions done and get back to the fun stuff like procedurally generated maps.

• 3 weeks later...
I know it has been a while since I posted progress. This month has been slow due to my love of Halloween and my constant working on props for my Halloween party. The main conversions are all done. Isometric world, dx8, pixel movement, seamless world. I am now trying to optimize and clean up the code while reworking all the systems so they will work with the conversions. November will be a much more productive month. I will try and get a video up by the end of October–although it will be very raw (no animations only a few graphics) It will show off how the world has multiple levels and ground that can be manipulated.

• 3 weeks later...
Still working! Had a few bumps and some life to attend to but still working! I have been focusing on getting in shape for the Air Force. Which brings some good news and some bad news. The bad news first: I probably won't meet the expected date of dec/jan. Also, depending on when I get a date for basic, there could be a period of about 3 or so months of dead time. If that comes sooner than later I will most likely release the game at whatever state it is in, and pick it back up after basic and tech school.
The Good news is that the game will be free to play for as long as I can support server and web cost. I will try and fund it with donations and micro transactions. (Don't worry they won't give much if any game advantages and will be mostly cosmetic.)

Ps: At this point it feels strange to post on the eclipse boards. The engine is like 98% all my code now but I guess I will continue to update this thread just because of the origins <–- haha get it  XD

>! [![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/db5072434a80f2419c670db724bec63a.PNG)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#db5072434a80f2419c670db724bec63a.PNG)

Quick little screenshot. Making good progress. Trying to fix my world looping. After that I will be working on some simple world generation code.

*Note the graphics are still obviously placeholders. I have decided to not focus on the graphics until the engine is in at least an alpha state.