Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favor The Gods

Mikekan13

@Mikekan13:

> Building a new PC. Only need my ram and it should be here tomorrow. I will finally be able to take some video of the game in action. Been working on finalizing ramps and half blocks. Almost done with those.  After that I am going to make a quick item editor for Eli and he is going to start pumping out some content. Hopefully we will have some sprites to show off soon. I want to get you guys playing this as soon as possible. I will estimate another month and we will have a pre-alpha to play.

Can anyone else help to contribute to the game?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delayed absence. Been busy with life. Trying to get back into the swing of things. Been looking a lot at unity lately. Really just trying to get a perspective on things.

> Can anyone else help to contribute to the game?

I am always open to the idea. It would have to be the right person with the kind of skills needed.

@Mikekan13:

> Sorry for the delayed absence. Been busy with life. Trying to get back into the swing of things. Been looking a lot at unity lately. Really just trying to get a perspective on things.
>
> I am always open to the idea. It would have to be the right person with the kind of skills needed.

I know a bit of Unity, what programming language you using?

Vb6 as sad as that is. The plan was to release a single player game with the key features of the online present and then move to a better language. Been thinking about unity but not sure if it is really suited for an mmo. I was waiting for Stephan to release his C libraries but I don't think that is happening anytime soon. I will probably end up with C# but it is still in the air.

@Mikekan13:

> Vb6 as sad as that is. The plan was to release a single player game with the key features of the online present and then move to a better language. Been thinking about unity but not sure if it is really suited for an mmo. I was waiting for Stephan to release his C libraries but I don't think that is happening anytime soon. I will probably end up with C# but it is still in the air.

A lot of us have moved onto C and C++. It's still worth learning without Stephan's library.

@Erteal-Online:

> very nice but where u have found the codes for make it isometric and tactic game ?
> nice work ;)

It's called creating your own code. Not everyone copies and pastes code and other people's systems. Of course you wouldn't know that because Eclipse's source section includes everything… but still.

@Jungle:

> It's called creating your own code. Not everyone copies and pastes code and other people's systems. Of course you wouldn't know that because Eclipse's source section includes everything… but still.

oookay then… It isn't a tactics game and you really should learn to code yourself. Code splicing won't get you very far.

• 8 months later...
RESURRECTION!!! In case anyone cares I was gone because I enlisted in the Air Force and had to go through basic and technical training. Worry not! FtG is not dead! I will probably close this thread in a month or so once I have established a website and an indiedb page. Stay tuned for changes.

• 5 years later...
NECROPOWERS ACTIVATE! I doubt anyone from 8 years is still even on here. I have fond memories of this community! I was quite surprised this site still exists. If for whatever reason anyone sees this: Obviously Favor the Gods didn't happen. Not yet anyway! I moved on to unity and spent the last 5 years or so just making little throwaway projects. If you are interested I just recently started an indie studio with a few people and we are making a go at turning a hobby into a career. Our first game is called [The Wretched](https://www.thewretchedVR.com); it is a VR horror game set in space with a western vibe. [(Facebook Link)](https://www.facebook.com/TheWretchedVR/) We have been working on it for about a year now and will have some playable stuff near the end of the year.

So what about FtG? It never died in my head. I have a game design doc that I work on every now and then. Once my studio is more established with a couple titles under our belt we will tackle FtG again but on a much grander scale. Probably 4-5 years from now. For now, if you want to give The Wretched a follow on facebook you would be helping the tiny ember of FtG to slowly rekindle. See ya'll around!