Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Report CONFIRMED Bugs Here

Robin

**Hi there Robin!** Firstly let me say I just love Eclipse Origins. I'm working very hard to study it all and trying to improve my knowledge.

Recently while testing the bank code however I found an issue. When depositing a negative integer into the bank for an item, lets say -1000000 Gold, that gold is then added to the players inventory. Now if you deposit all the money you have in your inventory into the bank, the money is deposited and shown without a number, just the gold bag icon is shown. Withdrawing the money results in nothing, and I am stuck with a used slot which I can't get rid off because of this bug.

Now I have found a way to keep the illegal money. Simply deposit any amount into the bank as a negative integer, drop the money you get from you inventory, then just pick it up and keep the gold. Or drop the gold and let your multi/friend pick it up.

I have found this also to happen with trading in items or currency. Simply trade in a negative integer and you will gain whatever you inserted as negative.

I really hope you can assist me with a fix for this bug, and I suggest everyone else to fix theirs too if they haven't already as this can really upset a games balance. Also, could you tell me if there is a way to more accurately display the gold in ones inventory or bank? Since if you have 1.1m gold or 1.5m gold it will only show as 1m regardless of whatever else, so a 1 decimal point would be great if it could be implemented, and if so how would I go about doing that myself?

Thanks for everything so far and I look forward to making one great game thanks to you!

@Pigboss:

> I don't know if it's just me, but when I create new spells and place them in the hotbar, they don't work. I can, however, cast them by double clicking the spell icon from the spell tab. :/
> And only the spells robin created works from the hotbar 0.0
> I'm using windows 7.

Exact same problem here. I'm using Windows XP however.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, first thing I do when I start up developer is sort out the server-side checks to these kinds of systems.

You'll need to change the conversion function to change how currency appears in your inventory.

As for the hotbar problem, I'll look in to it.

@Robin:

> Yeah, first thing I do when I start up developer is sort out the server-side checks to these kinds of systems.
>
> You'll need to change the conversion function to change how currency appears in your inventory.
>
> As for the hotbar problem, I'll look in to it.

Thanks for the swift reply! Now I don't want to sound like a selfish douche as I know there are many who want solutions to their problems and if I could I'd assist them myself, but if possible could you either PM me or post a solution or hint here on how to **1)** change the currency decimal display and **2)** fix the negative integer bug. If not, do you perhaps know how long it might take until you release a re-release of Eclipse Origins? And when the release is out what losses might occur, if any, when we upgrade to the new version?

Thanks for all the work you've done in Eclipse Origins. You've really inspired me to get my project off the ground and I'll be hoping to share it all with you very soon, once my final storyline for the entire game (now over 178 pages long) is completed and cut-down a bit. Take care and have a great day further!

I am on MAP 1,edit the map and save

>! ![](http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7153/screenhunter01jan030824.png)

I go to other map(2 as example) and when I go to properties,the Current Map is the last one(map 1 in this case)

![](http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6073/screenhunter02jan030825.png)

this mess up with the Maps Links and its realy anoying

btw,if you always use the properties for last ,will be fine

Launching a pre alpha version of my game, and for some players who will receive an error "Run time error 11 " "Zero Division"

They are doing nothing and receive this error.
![](http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6232/buglol.png)

@Aramyth:

> Found a bug in the Xmas edition of EO.
>
> When 2 players both own 100 gold and start trading with eachother, any player can simply type 1.000.000 gold in the amount box, and when both players press accept, the other player will have 1.000.000 gold in his inventory.
>
> Aramyth.

In the server in sub "HandleTradeItem"
after
```
    itemNum = GetPlayerInvItemNum(Index, invSlot)
    If itemNum <= 0 Then Exit Sub

```
add

```
    If GetPlayerInvItemValue(Index, invSlot) < amount Then
        Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You do not have enough of that item!", White)
        Exit Sub
    End If

```
Also;

@Deadmano:

> **Hi there Robin!** Firstly let me say I just love Eclipse Origins. I'm working very hard to study it all and trying to improve my knowledge.
>
> Recently while testing the bank code however I found an issue. When depositing a negative integer into the bank for an item, lets say -1000000 Gold, that gold is then added to the players inventory. Now if you deposit all the money you have in your inventory into the bank, the money is deposited and shown without a number, just the gold bag icon is shown. Withdrawing the money results in nothing, and I am stuck with a used slot which I can't get rid off because of this bug.
>
> In the server in sub "GiveBankItem"
> after
> ```
>     If invSlot < 0 Or invSlot > MAX_INV Then
>         Exit Sub
>     End If
>
> ```
> add
>
> ```
>     If invSlot < 0 Or invSlot > MAX_INV Or amount < 0 Then
>         Exit Sub
>     End If
>
> ```

```
    If GetPlayerInvItemValue(Index, invSlot) < amount Then
        Call PlayerMsg(Index, "You do not have enough of that item!", White)
        Exit Sub
    End If

```How could I not see that, Captain evilbunnie. xD
Thanks for clearing that up, should think twice before I think some code is right. haha

Although, I'd have to remove this bunch of code:

>! If Item(itemNum).Type = ITEM_TYPE_CURRENCY Then
        ' check if already offering same currency item
        For I = 1 To MAX_INV
            If TempPlayer(Index).TradeOffer(I).Num = invSlot Then
                ' add amount
                TempPlayer(Index).TradeOffer(I).Value = TempPlayer(Index).TradeOffer(I).Value + amount
                ' clamp to limits
                If TempPlayer(Index).TradeOffer(I).Value > GetPlayerInvItemValue(Index, invSlot) Then
                    TempPlayer(Index).TradeOffer(I).Value = GetPlayerInvItemValue(Index, invSlot)
                End If
                ' cancel any trade agreement
                TempPlayer(Index).AcceptTrade = False
                TempPlayer(TempPlayer(Index).InTrade).AcceptTrade = False

SendTradeStatus Index, 0
                SendTradeStatus TempPlayer(Index).InTrade, 0

SendTradeUpdate Index, 0
                SendTradeUpdate TempPlayer(Index).InTrade, 1
                ' exit early
                Exit Sub
            End If
        Next
    Else
>! –And here a End If, after Next.. obviously.. heh--
>!         ' make sure they're not already offering it
        For I = 1 To MAX_INV
            If TempPlayer(Index).TradeOffer(I).Num = invSlot Then
                PlayerMsg Index, "You've already offered this item.", BrightRed
                Exit Sub
            End If
        Next
To make the Trading work.
I hope I won't get in problem later on though for this. haha

Thank you. :)

@ad[quote:

> How could I not see that, Captain evilbunnie. xD
> Thanks for clearing that up, should think twice before I think some code is right. haha
>
> Although, I'd have to remove this bunch of code:
>
> >! -snip-
> To make the Trading work.
> I hope I won't get in problem later on though for this. haha
>
> Thank you. :)

Why would you have to remove that code?
And glad I could help ;)

@adr990:

> Because the Server gives a Error if I leave that in.
>
> It's related to each other, but I'm not 100% sure what is was. hehe

If it gives an error then perhaps you should *gasp* fix the problem!? Removing the code which allows you to trade currency is just stupid.

@adr990:

> Trading currency and stuff still works though.
> But indeed, I was about to look into it today, actually..

Of course it does. That is simply the bit which handles adding a currency stack. My point still stands that the code is there for a reason. Removing it is silly.

Awesome engine Robin,
    only bugs i can find is:
1  "NPC" does not drop (set on any chance)    cant seem to fix this yet
2  "AOE" spells will not work from hotbar    single player cast works great    [loving the hotbar btw]
3  as for the trade bug (which yo can trade more of item/gold then you have, is easy to fix with the
  codes from *Captain evilbunnie* (above)
4  items stacked are used as one when used, only adding stats from the first item. (like you buy 5 loafs of bread for "x" gold  the item shows stacked. but if you click to use it, the whole stack is consumed. [should use just one of the item].    Best fix is to only sell as single item

Please let me know any fixs you might have for the NPC drop

Again thank for the new engine!!!

PhoenixpirateD

@phoenixpirated:

> 1  "NPC" does not drop (set on any chance)    cant seem to fix this yet

Already reported. Had a brief look and it seems that I simply forgot to add it in when porting the combat system.

@phoenixpirated:

> 2  "AOE" spells will not work from hotbar    single player cast works great    [loving the hotbar btw]

Already reported. I'll look in to it.

@phoenixpirated:

> 3  as for the trade bug (which yo can trade more of item/gold then you have, is easy to fix with the
>   codes from *Captain evilbunnie* (above)

Already reported. I know of the fixes. It'll be fixed during my project-wide scouring of proper checks.

@phoenixpirated:

> 4  items stacked are used as one when used, only adding stats from the first item. (like you buy 5 loafs of bread for "x" gold  the item shows stacked. but if you click to use it, the whole stack is consumed. [should use just one of the item].    Best fix is to only sell as single item

Shops aren't supposed to sell multiple single-slot items at once.

@DshWinchester:

> idk why but the first class dont work properly on NewChar
>
> you click on female and still shows the male sprite.But in game,you are the female sprite
>
> Hope ya understand  :rolleyes:

@Robin:

> **THIS THREAD IS NOT HERE FOR YOU TO ASK QUESTIONS NOR IS IT FOR YOU TO POST WHAT YOU 'THINK' MIGHT BE A BUG.**

Update the functions:
```
Private Sub cmbClass_Click()
    If (optMale.Value) Then
        newCharClass = 0
    Else
        newCharClass = 1
    End If
    newCharSprite = 0
    NewCharacterBltSprite
End Sub

Private Sub optFemale_Click()
    ' If debug mode, handle error then exit out
    If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler

newCharClass = 1
    newCharSprite = 0
    NewCharacterBltSprite

' Error handler
    Exit Sub
errorhandler:
    HandleError "optFemale_Click", "frmMenu", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext
    Err.Clear
    Exit Sub
End Sub

Private Sub optMale_Click()
    ' If debug mode, handle error then exit out
    If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler

newCharClass = 0
    newCharSprite = 0
    NewCharacterBltSprite

' Error handler
    Exit Sub
errorhandler:
    HandleError "optMale_Click", "frmMenu", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext
    Err.Clear
    Exit Sub
End Sub

And it will work perfectly again.
```