Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some buildings I've been working for the past week.

Chakkra

Here are a few building types I've created for "Not Another MMORPG" By SamuGames

Thought I'd share and see what you all think!

>! ![](http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6233/housestypes.png)

I'm not a huge fan of the roof of the second one because I had a lot of trouble trying to make roof shingles for some reasonâ€Ĥ Any CC would be appreciated!

@Wraith:

> Ha, your lazy. You just copy and pasted your old sidescrolling game's roof to the first house  :P
>
> They look cool though  ;)

Haha, I'd rather be resourceful and re-use something that was never going to be used!

It's better than taking another 3 hours to make a brand new building.

The other 2 buildings took around 3 hours each to make. :P

That billboard looking sign thing on building one is really making me go limp. It's really noticeably flat. Maybe dither that sucker down a bit.

They all look fantastic besides that. Although, the center line of the roof on building 2 (blue roof), looks kind of awkward. Like, I know what you were doing with the sorta half circle pieces, but I think it can be done in a slightly more appealing way. Maybe straight or slightly straighter lines.

@Robin:

> Just looks like a worse version of Andi's work.

This remark isn't constructive critism, nor is it helpful or provide any means of advice as per what the artist was looking for.

In truth, it's just plain rude, I just fail to see why comments like this need to be made, especially from someone with 'authority' and "in charge".

@SamuGames:

> This remark isn't constructive critism, nor is it helpful or provide any means of advice as per what the artist was looking for.
>
> In truth, it's just plain rude, I just fail to see why comments like this need to be made, especially from someone with 'authority' and "in charge".

I completely agree with you. Especially after he made a post complaining about people who were posting and offering no help:

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68196.0.html

@SamuGames:

> This remark isn't constructive critism, nor is it helpful or provide any means of advice as per what the artist was looking for.
>
> In truth, it's just plain rude, I just fail to see why comments like this need to be made, especially from someone with 'authority' and "in charge".

@Proximity:

> I completely agree with you. Especially after he made a post complaining about people who were posting and offering no help:
>
> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68196.0.html

PROTIP: NEITHER OF THESE POSTS ARE RELEVANT TO THE THREAD! (And if you're smart you'll noticed this one isn't, either.)
:icon_nif:

@Chakkra:

> Why are my topics always the ones being flooded with arguments? >.>

Because your the one that contradicts yourself the most. (I'm not being sarcastic or joking, this is the pattern.)

If you say "I want to be criticized," you're going to get it. If you don't, you're still going to get it. By posting here in Show Off, you pretty much agree you're going to get criticized. Whether it's constructive or not, you're going to get it. When people say, "I don't want it," it makes other people very angry. For example, let's say I write a whole paragraph (as I am doing), and the you say, "Meh, don't care." It'd make me feel like all my work was in vain, because I took the time to try and help you.

People are honest.

@Soul:

> Because your the one that contradicts yourself the most. (I'm not being sarcastic or joking, this is the pattern.)
>
> If you say "I want to be criticized," you're going to get it. If you don't, you're still going to get it. By posting here in Show Off, you pretty much agree you're going to get criticized. Whether it's constructive or not, you're going to get it. When people say, "I don't want it," it makes other people very angry. For example, let's say I write a whole paragraph (as I am doing), and the you say, "Meh, don't care." It'd make me feel like all my work was in vain, because I took the time to try and help you.
>
> People are honest.

I see what you're saying and I can tell where you're coming from and perhaps I do contradict myself quite often. But I have not instigated a single argument in this topic. I attempted to ignore other's stupidity but other people decided to argue with each other is my point.