Find results in...

Modification(S) 2.6 Nova

Richy420Rich

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Marcin55:

> Richy could you make game name change in data.ini.
> It's can be good for people who can't use vb6.
> Please answer. (and sorry for my english :/)

@DawnOfEarth:

> its already there

^^^ True story. Open up config.ini in client folder / data files.. And open up Options.ini in server folder / data.

One question.. I hit 'insert' to bring up the online list but the close button doesnt work and trying to open other menus like "char" ect. doesnt work it opens up behind the online list… Anyway to make the online list close? im using nova 2.5 btw

@Lightning:

> Added your system to the Mods list in the Pet thread. xD Thanks for the credit too.

Cool thanks for supporting it, and I know for sure it wouldn't have been possible without your tutorial, thanks mate. :)

Thanks to everyone else for their continuous support, reports and feedback.

well considering you'd need VB6 to add more items for more pets.. The item should be in your inventory and the pet npc number is 10\. So create a pet on NPC 10\. VB6 users can add more pets using the scripted item coding in modItem, the item num will equal the npc number in that case..

I will be working to further the pet system but I'm taking a break from it for now because I want to start a solo game project myself.

Yup if you're running in VB6 debug, it'll do that when you exit, never understood why but it happened to me too. It shouldn't happen in a players client unless the server crashes. I'll have to look at it later.

EDIT: Oh and dummy me forgot to remove the Lion off the start map lol. I will be looking into making it better.. As for server crashing or VB6 debug logging, I could put a check in player login, that if the pet is on the map, to remove it and respawn it so it doesn't cause any bug with spawning/disbanding from item. So I'll see if I can do this right quick for a fix.

@DawnOfEarth:

> one question on the pet system there is a problem when you disband your pet it stays on the map as an npc but you can only kill it with your pet when you hit ctrl you talk to it and it adds it to your map npc spawn list

Try not to report the Pet System bugs to Richy, post them in my thread in the Source Tutorials board please, so I can keep a better gauge on what needs to be done. On that note, saving and caching for the pet system has been fixed, so you may want to update your release Richy. ^^

Alright well,

Everytime I try compiling the server (make server.exe) I keep getting this
error:
"Compile Error: User-defined type not defined"
This is the line is highlights.

Private Sub lvwInfo_ColumnClick(ByVal ColumnHeader As MSComctlLib.ColumnHeader

.__. Why? The client was able to edit just fine. Although with the client
when I boot it and go into game, I'm 1) auto killed, and 2) can't see a map.
Only constant brown everywhere.

-Viral.

@Lightning:

> Try not to report the Pet System bugs to Richy, post them in my thread in the Source Tutorials board please, so I can keep a better gauge on what needs to be done. On that note, saving and caching for the pet system has been fixed, so you may want to update your release Richy. ^^

Okay thanks, I added the ClearSingleMapNPC procedure, though people may still have problems erasing pets if server crashes unexpectly or when terminating the server. So I put the check for pet disbands in DestroyServer but still, if the server crashes, it'll save them pets on maps. We'd probably have to put a routine check in server boot to scan all maps, through all mapnpcs to find pets and remove them, then on player join game, if the pet was summoned, put the pet back on the map.. But for now, I have an update which should be okay, to unload server and exit game without keeping pets on the map.

Hi nova downloaded 2.5 and when I go in quest pops up there no quest information for this quest yet[![](http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/494/beztytuupdk.png)](http://img861.imageshack.us/i/beztytuupdk.png/)

Uploaded with [ImageShack.us](http://imageshack.us)