Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Realm of Magic

whitespirits

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys so, I find that it takes so long for projects to be playable im considering adding an updater and updating as people play, starting potentially with the first zone or possible 2 zones each containing 10 levels, then updating and adding as I go using an update system every week or so?

what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi guys so a small update and some advice. So I had a few bugs scripted in that has bugged most of my maps :( This however did alow me to have a look around at tilesets on offer! What do you think on this look vs the previous look?

![](http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy324/richadam111/new%20style_zpsckcw1qgq.png)

• 1 month later...
Hi guys, just to let you know i am still working on this, i just wanted some advice. So there are zones that are moved to via teleports, im thinking about making a set obvious route to walk through each zone, many paths i think annoy players trying to navigate for quests etc? also how do i end the zone, i dont really want a dead end :P

Hey Whitespirits.  I think having a worn path that at least guides a player where they should go makes for a bit easier travel, especially in the world of EO games where world maps are sometimes hard to come by.  To end a world you could do a few things.  Make the end loop back to the start, include a portal or tear in space that the player moves through to be sent back to the staging area, or have it be a dead end with the illusion of a greater world, for instance.. a gate with a guard that says something to the effect of "great job saving this realm, but the king has said no visitors beyond this point".   That at least leaves the player thinking there may be more content or at least there is a virtual world beyond what they can see.

• 3 weeks later...
> I have an issue with the moss/plant at the cave entrance, the cliff has corners but the vines are smooth, they just don't look quite right, but nice map, I like the use of your tilesets :)

I have to agree here, the colors are bit brighter than the rest of the map but overall, it has a great feel.