Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VB Converter Java Edition

cowin000

Honestly this is the sweetest thing Iv seen for visual basic 6\. It converts your entire vb project to java. Wich means you can make EO in vb then convert it, then editthe source with eclipse, the actual eclipse program. Google it. Mind you there are like 22 something errors when I converted mine. So it will need a bit of touching up and work, but once you fix those errors, its totally worth it. I keep compileing now im down to 13 errors and its not Hard at all, just time consuming. Here is the full version of the program.

INSTALLATION- YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS PERFECTLY OR IT WONT WORK.

Download the 2 attachments below.

1\. Run the setup. When it asks for a serial key type in 6696
2\. let it do it thing then let your computer restart
3\. Ass soon as your computer reboots and is ready to use again extract the zip file to your desktop and just run the exe.
4\. Open up vb6

How to use the program.

When you open up visual basic 6 the java converter is used as a toolbar installed, youll see it. Create a simple form and put some controls on there. Then click "Options" in the java converter toolbar and go to the environment tab. Go down and locat were your java.exe and your javac.exe are. (*You must have JDK installed) select ok the click the convert button.

Errors and Fixes

If you get an error like this

>! Loading Project: C:\Documents and Settings\Tyler\My Documents\Project1.vbp…
Output Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Tyler\My Documents\
Converting C:\Documents and Settings\Tyler\My Documents\Form1.frm...
Processed 18 lines in 0.891000 sec.
>! Compiling Project: C:\Documents and Settings\Tyler\My Documents\Project1.java...
javac: invalid flag: C:\Documents
>! Usage: javac
>! use -help for a list of possible options
>!   Compiling Form1...
javac: invalid flag: C:\Documents
>! Usage: javac
>! use -help for a list of possible options
>!   Compilation failed.
>! 0 out of 1 file was built successfully.

then go to the output of were you project was saved and converted. Drag all your .java files to
C:\Documents and Settings\(Your name)
and paste them there.

then open up command promt and type in javac name of project

for example, my project was EO.java, it compiled form1.java and module1.java. I drag those to the directory of C:\Documents and Settings\Tyler and I go to command promt and type in javac EO.java. This generates and compiles the class files needed to rin run the applet. Once comiling is dont drag all your .java and .class files back to your source folder and you should see some type of internet shortcut that will opn the applet in a webpage. There ya go

for further help post here.

@cowin:

> Why dont you try it our with a basic program first. Creat a new project and try it out.

There's something like this for VB6 -> C#. They work only so far. The errors are mostly due to COM libraries being imported through some arbitrary way (with VB6 in the title). I don't recommend doing this as means of having Eclipse in Java, but if anything do it to help yourself learn Java.

Anyways, VB6 is mostly not an OO language and misses out on a lot things you should be using when doing a direct conversion. You're gaining no benefits by converting the code directly to Java like that. In fact, one can argue you're just slowing down the speed of the program!

@cowin:

> You guys are missing the point of this. Its in the resources section for a reason. Use it or don't. Its really good for learning purposes and for actual use. Critisizm is not really needed.

No one is giving Criticism, we are simply saying we feel uncomfortable downloading illegal software.