Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse: Skywyre Edition v10

SkywardRiver

@'Carim':

> **Please do not try to help if you cannot substantiate it or do not understand what it is that needs explaining yourself.** I say this many times: it is detrimental to who you're trying to help, the sentiment is appreciated, but overall it is unhelpful.
>
> In Eclipse Origins, many of the UDTs have Data1/Data2/Data3/etc. The reasoning being that it's rather difficult to store "dynamic" properties, for example, an item type that's a sword might need properties that define its damage, parry rate, block rate, etc, but a healing potion does not need such thing (however, that itself may need a property to store how much it recovers).
>
> Item types vary largely, and it'd be wasteful to declare every property, so the MS4 devs took the liberty of condensing down what wasn't shared. It's simply making the best of a rather crippling limitation (In VB6s case, this limitation is lack of [coherent] inheritance/polymorphism which would make this massively easier).
>
> (On an unrelated note, this is part of why I dislike many of the attempts to update EO to a more modern language; they retain very bad programming practices that have no place outside of literally making the best of a bad scenario.)

Wow! Don't need to get your nickers in a twist… Why you mad?

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@'GalacticGlum':

> Wow! Don't need to get your nickers in a twist… Why you mad?

Re-read the very clear first sentence: don't confuse correction for malice.
I'm not mad, I just particularly dislike conjecture and am actually, ya know, answering the question correctly.

If this site is ever going to move on from the dregs of VB6, misinformation simply will not do.

@'Carim':

> @'GalacticGlum':
>
> > Wow! Don't need to get your nickers in a twist… Why you mad?
>
> Re-read the very clear first sentence: don't confuse correction for malice.
> I'm not mad, I just particularly dislike conjecture and am actually, ya know, answering the question correctly.
>
> If this site is ever going to move on from the dregs of VB6, misinformation simply will not do.

Alright fair enough! :D

@'gallighanmaker':

> What are the available chat channels in the engine and how to access them?

Map chat- *DEFAULT CHAT* 
msghere 
e.g) Hello -> "[Map] Glum: Hello "

Global - Chat in global.
'namehere msghere 
e.g) 'Hello -> "[Global] Glum: Hello "

Emote Message - If you've used skype or the likes, it's /me. 
-msghere
e.g -Hello -> "Glum Hello"

PM - Message someone. 
!namehere msghere 
e.g) !gallighanmaker Hi

• 2 weeks later...
I just checked it out and the list does reset but saves the values, click a class select not allowed to use , close the editor and reopen it. The class will go back to the first class but if you click on it and scroll to the class you selected "not allowed to use" on the value should still be selected.

@'Aurelijus1':

> ugly night system :/ http://snag.gy/O2FFg.jpg

Wow, so you're going to make an amazing, awesome, good looking night system? Cool, can't wait to see it! If you're not, then please don't be a schmuck. Try to actually give creative criticism, that actually helps, give ideas of how to fix it, not be a schmuck and just say it's bad.

@'Mohenjo:

> @'Aurelijus1':
>
> > ugly night system :/ http://snag.gy/O2FFg.jpg
>
> Wow, so you're going to make an amazing, awesome, good looking night system? Cool, can't wait to see it! If you're not, then please don't be a schmuck. Try to actually give creative criticism, that actually helps, give ideas of how to fix it, not be a schmuck and just say it's bad.

I agree somewhat, rather than saying this is bad or horrible you could say Hello this might be a bug if so here is a description about what is happening. Then whom ever is working on the engine could possibly see about fixing the problem when they get around too it. Saying it is bad might make them not even care to look at the issue.

See, giving suggestions actually helps. I don't think putting light under the player would work though, it'd look weird if you were in light, but if you have light not overlap, that might helps, so have hte night system check to see if there is a light attribute and if there is then find the size and stay out of it.