Find results in...

Eclipse Online Odyssey

SkywardRiver

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@'Genusis':

> he most likely resizes and aligns the paper doll objects on the spot so to best fit them where they need to go. Honestly the paper doll doesn't need to be in an exact area on the image to load correctly.

This exactly :) My paperdoll rendering method is present in Skywyre, I believe. All one needs to do is take a look at how that's done to replicate it :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Been slowly but surely balancing the content, adding new features, and creating new content on a new server. A big thank you for all who played through the first 10 updates of Alpha, and to those who bought the Founder's Pack. Accounts have been wiped, but all those who have purchased the Founder's Pack will once again receive their rewards in game.

The game will be relaunching before Christmas with a 20 level cap increase, 4 new complete gear sets (with additional mob drops and craftable gear), 3 brand new raids, 3 new dungeons, PvP, Survival Arena, and our very first in-game PvP tournament with a cash prize awarded to the winner! Loads of new content and re-worked previous content included of course :D

More info will be on it's way in our Weekly Newsletter on Skywyre.net . Be sure to check it out!

That's all for now!

@'SkywardRiver':

> Been slowly but surely balancing the content, adding new features, and creating new content on a new server. A big thank you for all who played through the first 10 updates of Alpha, and to those who bought the Founder's Pack. Accounts have been wiped, but all those who have purchased the Founder's Pack will once again receive their rewards in game.
>
> The game will be relaunching before Christmas with a 20 level cap increase, 4 new complete gear sets (with additional mob drops and craftable gear), 3 brand new raids, 3 new dungeons, PvP, Survival Arena, and our very first in-game PvP tournament with a cash prize awarded to the winner! Loads of new content and re-worked previous content included of course :D
>
> More info will be on it's way in our Weekly Newsletter on Skywyre.net . Be sure to check it out!
>
> That's all for now!

Oooh, PvP tournament! Sounds exciting! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Just another quick update for this game… It's still going strong! I'm adding content and balancing and fixing bugs like there's no tomorrow! I should be able to meet the goal of re-launching by Dec. 25th!

Also! Starting now until one week after launch, any donation of or over $5.00 USD will grant the donor this in-game Limited Edition Mount!

![](http://s15.postimg.org/sveh0kxmz/Madcow.png)

Donations are made via Paypal at Skywyre.net

I hope you're all looking forward to Eclipse Online Odyssey's relaunch!

Happy Holidays :D

Hey guys! Back with another Dev Log!

So here's what's been done since the last Log:

~Graphics Encryption~
Me and BeNjo were getting slightly annoyed of people downloading the game just to rip the graphics with no intentions of actually playing the game, so we encrypted the graphics. All Graphic Files are now .SKY files.

~Slide Tiles~
In the Frozen Caves of the North, you may find yourself on some fine ice, perfect for sliding. Make sure you slide into something, though, and not a frozen depth!

~New Content~
The North is almost complete, mapping wise. The North will feature 3 bosses, a dungeon, and a Raid! Lest we forget to mention the epic questline to stop the Lord of the North from wreaking havoc all throughout the lands!

Anyways! More news on the way! Spread the word, if you'd like. We want this relaunch to be pretty lively!

![](http://s16.postimg.org/yc4o32t5h/Tundra.png)

1- Why is the slime sprite walking so awkwardly and why do both minions don't have a walk animation ? O.o
2- Why are the minions spawning way far from the "summoner" (I'm guessing you're only forcing the spawning event) ? that's usually not the way it goes xD
3- Why can you still change your direction when you're stunned ? :P

other than that, keep up the good work.

Its all a work in progress, The minus mana is easy fix Carim (fixed it already:))

@Slashereee
1: thats because I didnt set his speed high enough so the slime moves weirdly and the minons I'm not sure but can take a look (fixed)
2: they actually spawn at a random x,y that surrounds the summoner (depending if its OK to spawn there) I just didnt include the full minion spawning sub for the video :). (used new sub for new video later)
3: Thats nothing to do with my mechanics i just stunned but I guess it would be an easy fix for the Skywyre engine.

Also relised the minion spawning animations are missing xD

–-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Video,

Everything mention fixed, were minor errors also updated the removal of minions when leaving the map. Only thing left to do is to make it check if any players remain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKf0isba4-Q

Wanted to note that the HP is updated correctly now, only just noticed since I changed the leeching slightly there's a delay in removing it client side. The weirdness of the slime teleporting to me is because it actually has warning animations to where its going to move to ect.

"Slime Boss is using a black hole to pull Skyward to him!"

I'll admit, I laughed. :p

Anyway, how does its AI play out exactly? I can't really tell if there's a sequence or if it's random. If it's the latter, you'll want to make sure it can't stun or HP drain too often otherwise fights can just become RNG dependent.

Overall, functions good. Still needs some visual polish (off the top of my head: summoning animations for monsters, using a bigger boss-like sprite, more animations), but something's there.

@Carim,

It's a timed event, so after X seconds it will do what ever is enabled. You can call it X amount of times also. I also just used the stuff we had like the animations ect I just used first half decent one i saw just to show they worked. The black hole thing is just a way to let the player know the boss has teleported them to him (incl parties) so just threw any old message on there :).

~Graphics Encryption~
Me and BeNjo were getting slightly annoyed of people downloading the game just to rip the graphics with no intentions of actually playing the game, so we encrypted the graphics. All Graphic Files are now .SKY files.

No offense but I thought all the graphics were just RPG Maker graphics?

Most are, however some items, GUI Elements, and paperdolls were made by me or commissioned by me. Also, all those paperdolls, items, and npcs were hand converted from bmp format to png format by myself. Rather than have people download the game with no intention of playing it, or as what made us stern on the matter of encrypting the graphics, refer to this game as a "graphics pack", we've chosen to simply encrypt the graphics rather than let the vast amount of resources I've personally spent at least 30 hours finding, converting, and perfecting be snatched up and used by any happy go lucky buck on the web.

Make no mistake though, we've given full credit to Enterbrain and my commissioned works on our credits list and hope to one day replace all assets with custom art. :D