Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Online Odyssey

SkywardRiver

Ahh I didn't think about the paperdolled items. Good point. Anyways, I like where the game is heading and it looks pretty sweet if I say so myself. I played for a little while but I kept getting terrible FPS which made it hard to play, sadly. I will log back in some time and check out all the new features. I like the boss mechanics but my favorite thing so far is the skill trees; just epic.

Oh, and just saying because I use custom graphics as well, the encryption system would be nice to see in Skywyre. That is one thing I'm worried about is people stealing my graphics. I mean I know they're not the best but I did put alot of time and effort into them.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky's already covered it, But our main concern was when someone referred to EOO as a 'graphics pack" in the shout box. It was then when we decided to lock everything as it's unfair for someone to come along and download the game just to copy/paste the graphics folder when the team has spent many hours perfecting positions ect. Encryption will prevent our free/edited and licensed graphical work from been taken and used :).

• 1 month later...
Update Towards Eclipse Online Odyssey! THE GAME IS NOW LIVE! COME JOIN IN GAME!

As the game will be going through a lot of changes, and since we're going though a lot of changes, (Including a name change in the near future) We invite you too come play! To download the client, you can proceed to Skywyre.net or you can download from these two links.

**If the MediaFire download is taking to long, you can also download through the Mirror Link.**

Download the latest client here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ix5aoi0dh4hv3el/EOO.rar

Mirror:
www.divisionoflife.com/EOO.rar

• 3 weeks later...
New patch with the following updates:

~Changes~

>Time Changes
-As the time in world does go by a little fast, We've reduced how fast time goes by, by half. Instead of 2 intervals of 30, we've reduced it to 4 intervals of 15.

>Item Despawn
-There was a problem with Items spawning overtime. As this portrays a huge problem in regards to frame rate, we've looked into the problem and came up with a solution! Items now Despawn after a total of 5 minutes. So hurry back and get your items before they're gone!

>Monsters Drops revamped & balanced
-Monster drops have been revamped and balanced. Some mobs will now drop different items then what they previously dropped.

>Drachma
-Drachma is now extremely rare, and can be bought at our shop found here: [http://www.skywyre.net/community/index.php?threads/eoo-donations-shop.413/](http://www.skywyre.net/community/index.php?threads/eoo-donations-shop.413/)

~New Gameplay Features~

>Arena and PVP fixes
As PVP was seriously broken when added, it has been fixed to better suite the player base. Alongside the patches, here are some new features that have been added:
-Team Arena and CTF
There are now two game types that players can choose from while in the arena. These two game types consist of Team Arena and Capture the Flag. Team arena pits 2-4 players against each other in an all out brawl. (10-20 kills to win) Capture the Flag pushes players to gather the opposing teams flag, and bring it back to their side to score points. (3 points to win)
-Teams
Players can also choose to be on Red or Blue team.
-Arena Awards
After each battle is finished, players will recieve awards accordingly. The winners will recieve better rewards than the opposing team. *OBVIOUSLY* (Arena awards will not be released)
-Queuing
You can now join a Queue to join an Arena match on either red or blue team.
-Player Killing
Player who kill other players in the arena will not be deemed player killers.
-Player Killing Maps
PVP maps will be stated by the Red map name in game. All red named maps are PVP and you will be deemed a player killer if you kill a player in one of these maps.
-Mounts are no longer allowed in arena battles.

>Targeting
-Quick targeting is now in game. To use this feature, simply hit Q on your keyboard and the nearest mob or E for player will be targetting.

>Spell Countdown
-A spell countdown has now been added to each spell. A number will now appear indicating how long a player must wait before he/she can cast the spell again.

>Players Target & Targets Target
-We've added the Players target and the targets target to the game. Players will now be able to view the Opposing Player or NPC's Health and Mana, Alongside that player, or NPC's current target. There are now boxes that will show the Players Health and Mana if the player is targeting themselves. Along with the players Target's Target's HP and Mana.

>Chat Channels
-More Channels may be added in the future, but as of this update the chat channels are as follows:
F1 = Global Chat
F2 = Map/Local Chat
F3 = Emote Chat
F4 = Guild Chat

>AOE spell overlay
-We've added an overlay to AOE spells. This Red and Green overlay will show the area range of the spell that is being casted (Green) and where it cannot be casted (Red).

>Buff Spells
-Buff spells have been added and are ready to be used. This is however excluding Attack & Defense buffs, due to the coding prohibiting buffs for these two attributes. However, buffs that increase STR/AGI/INT and END will increase the attack and defense of items that scale with that stat.

>In game Cosmetics shop
-With Drachma becoming exceedingly more rare, Merchants within Cerratar have taken it upon themselves to sell items of cosmetic use. Some examples of such items consists of: Mounts, Wings, A minion etc.

~Bugs~
Here is a list of bugs that were in game, and are patched as of this update.
-An occurrence where players could exit some map boundaries has been fixed.

-An occurrence where players could heal above their maximum HP while drinking potions and or Mana potions, has been stopped

-An occurrence where players would not unstealth while firing arrows and casting spells has been patched. Players will now unstealth while casting and shooting arrows.

-An occurrence where NPC's would get stuck between two blocks has been patched, NPC's will now walk around all Blocks.

-An occurrence where some quests wouldn't show up has been patched.

-An occurrence where a certain event crashed the server has been fixed, and we've found away to avoid the problem.

-An occurrence where players wouldn't be able to access the game with their intended Username and Password has been patched.

-An occurrence where players would stop moving while in a bank or shop has been patched. This occurence happened due to player trying to unequipped a piece of armor while in the shop or bank overlay.

-An occurence where Items didn't despawn after dropped by players and NPC's has been patched.

-An occurence where DOT (Damage over time) spells didn't work correctly has been patched.

-An occurence where players would still be able to view an opposing player if that opposing player was stealthed has been patched. Players now enter *True Stealth*

-An occurence where quest requirements didn't function correctly has been patched.

-An occurence where private messaging using ! didn't function correctly has been patched.

-An occurence where text would pop up saying there was something wrong with the boss has been patched.

-An occurence where players could use spells and range over *Block* attributes has been patched.

-An occurence where bows scaled with Strength has been patched. Bows now scale with Agility.

~Future Content~ (Spoilers)

>Voldovas Capital

>Page, Hunter, & Apprentice specific Quest lines and corresponding raids (lv 50).
Page = Legion – Hunters = Drow -- Mages = Acolytes.

>Ambertooth Raid (Lv 50)

>ArchLich Raid (Lv 60)

>Lord Ice boss release

>Phased boss fixes and general release

>Valentines Day Raid (Sunstone)

>Easter Bunny Visits

>Guild Maps (May or may not include Guild houses for players to purchase)

>The Vault Raid & correspodning armor set: GaMeshed Armor(Legion)

>Sacred Grounds Raid & corresponding armor set: Arc Armor(Drow)

>Shadow Realm Raid & correspoding armor set: Shadow Robes(Acolytes)

>Two new towns: Glenora and Chelford

>Many more Quests including more Main story quests

>Team Arena Map & Capture the Flag map

>Level Cap raised to 80

When the update comes out, the server will be in Admin Only mode for about 2-5 hours after the update is released. This is so that everything is situated correctly within game for the best play experience that we can offer with this update.

If there are any bugs, features, or changes that need looking at, you can let us know in-game, or on Skywyre. Please let us know if  there are any bugs or things that need changes so we can provide the best gaming experience we can.

Thats all for now guys! Tune in for more in the upcoming week. Update will be rolling out within the next 2-4 days,
I hope to see you all in game!

Stay Salty my Fellow Gamers!

Also, here are some screenshots of the new update:
![](http://www.skywyre.net/community/index.php?attachments/screenshot-1-png.1/)
![](http://www.skywyre.net/community/index.php?attachments/screenshot-123-png.3/)

Download from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ky64s8iyrv24emb/EOO%2520Beta%2520V1.1.11.rar

or 

http://divisionoflife.com/EOO%20Beta%20V1.1.11.rar

• 10 months later...