Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse - Event System

jcsnider

Everytime I go to the demo maps where it shows the text explaining what it's about (Basically a start event), clicking NEXT doesn't do nothing, keeps repeating over and over in every room.

Fantastic work though, a very easy and powerful system for sure. Maybe add a few more simple options such as adding a picbox for characters who are talking and the usual crap. Amazing work though, other than that issue I've had no problems at all.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I make a new character. On the first map I read the text which appears at the bottom. Click 'continue' no problem.

I talk to the blue haired 'NPC event' and select to go to the cave demo. When I get sent to the cave demo I get the text at the bottom explaining how events can be used to open locked doors etc, I click continue/Next and it doesn't go away, it just keeps looping and looping. Same with the other demo rooms.

I can confirm it's fixed :)

Although sometimes with the event NPC I have to hit CTRL more than once to get 'her' to talk.

Do you plan to continue developing this? Adding some more basic functions and other things? Fantastic work I have to admit. You could even make a single player style game using this. Very cool indeed.

If I were one of those people wanting him to port this to CE:DE I'd just ask him to do it  as job he'd get paid for, and I'd do it via PM instead of clouding his hard work on this topic. Furthermore if you don't think it's that hard to do then do it yourself, because you wouldn't know if it was hard to do unless you could do it yourself anyways.

@lel:

> If I were one of those people wanting him to port this to CE:DE I'd just ask him to do it  as job he'd get paid for, and I'd do it via PM instead of clouding his hard work on this topic. Furthermore if you don't think it's that hard to do then do it yourself, because you wouldn't know if it was hard to do unless you could do it yourself anyways.

@NicCage:

> I demand that you make/finish this:
> http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,30118.0.html
>
> When you first posted it, I wanted it so bad!

Relevant?

What is it with people and CS:DE. Its a terrible, bugged, and OLD version of crystalshire (this is an opinion, for all you heartakers). However porting things over are NOT hard at all. It the same damn thing just the rendering protocols are different. Plus in reality all you would have to do is render picChatEvent and all its contents and import the frmEventEditor and all its existing xodes in the other modules. Plus since the codes are all in 1 general are porting this should take a noob at max 20 minutes to do. This is just a rough walkthrough, and might need a bit more explaining. But its all self explainitory….

@daxterxx:

> What is it with people and CS:DE. Its a terrible, bugged, and OLD version of crystalshire (this is an opinion, for all you heartakers). However porting things over are NOT hard at all. It the same damn thing just the rendering protocols are different. Plus in reality all you would have to do is render picChatEvent and all its contents and import the frmEventEditor and all its existing xodes in the other modules. Plus since the codes are all in 1 general are porting this should take a noob at max 20 minutes to do. This is just a rough walkthrough, and might need a bit more explaining. But its all self explainitory….

Its not 'terrible'. Its just not as user friendly as eclipse. Its definitely not a engine for newer people, when half the people coming into eclipse cant even get Eclipse Origins to work.

@Justn:

> Dude can't u guys go find some where else to ducking talk about csde some of us are actually here for the new event system john pony get out….

I don't why your hating on me, i didn't even start the ducking off topic conversation.

ANYWAYS. I have looked into the CTRL even more. I think if it misses at all it is just sheer luck that you hit the target while it was moving. I find that it helps if u hold down CTRL but at the same time it really isn't bad anymore. From this point on I am just looking for the final bugs that exist before declaring this complete and actually contest reading. Whatever happens after that, tutorial, csde, w/e is officially undetermined.

Hold on! you said you was going to ad this to my car thou! Come on man, don't back out on a promise! Dude…. just picture it.... a Dodge with JC's special Event system. My car will be a one of a kind.

@Draken:

> Found a bug.
>
> when a new player joins a map any event that move around(npc guy and dog on camp map) the event randomly warps around looking glitchy.

And with that I present version 1.7!
This version simply fixes the bug above and also fixes an issue I found with trying to re-activate events that would have probably never happened to anyone else except me XD. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?94c8b61gi48fx1p

Thanks for the report Draken!

Alright here it is, the edit that took me 10mins that I have been putting off for a week!
This version simply does not save/load the event data on the client side so no one can read your event plans or steal them. Furthermore, it no longer sends the event data on map load, only when the map editor is opened so it speeds up the map loading time that people were complaining about. This will be the last big change. Any more updates to this system will be a fix here and there if needed but this is it. Happy game designing!

Eclipse - Event System 1.8.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ftc98afjsj5m36c

At this point I deem this ready to make games with. Any bugs that come to my attention I will release actual code snippets to fix so you will have the latest system without having to re-start the programming to your game. Enjoy!